Plans for bios fix for SB X-FI?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i downloaded one of the lates bios and it fix my problem . boy was that a pain in the butt. the card sounds way to good to take back to the store

Most Nforce4 motherboard vendors are releasing bios updates to fix the compatability issues with the soundblaster x-fi. WIll DFi be releasing such a bios? Is one really needed? thx.

it only effects the xtreme music and plat since they have 2mb on board. it doesnt efects the fat, and the elite pro ones. this what creative said.

creative also said you may have to wait for a bios update from the mobo maker which is DFI,but mainy it only effected the non Vram X-FIs.

Hmmm, things aren't 100% fixed with the Czech BIOS. I rebooted and the card wasn't detected again. Another reboot fixed it. Weird. At least I can kind of use my X-Fi now until I get the RMA process started with Creative.

Being beta BIOS, they are not supported by DFI, and if used remove any warranty on the board. This is probably why they don't have them on the site. That's just my thoughts on it though.

Woohoo! I went to the Czech DFI site to hunt for beta BIOSs and sure enough they had one! I downloaded the 9/7 Beta BIOS for the NF4X and now my X-Fi works.

http://www.dfi.cz/biosy.php?id_produkt=888

Angry_Games, you might want to ask the powers that be to post this beta BIOS on the US site.

This is why I didn't bother w/ the more pricey "X RAM" on the X-Fi sound card.

There wasn't really a difference in performance in what I need it for.

Read the review on Anandtech. The onboard RAM isn't even used yet w/ games.

So I just stuck w/ the $120 card. Works like a charm.

Here's the review: http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=2518&p=5

Read the review on Anandtech. The onboard RAM isn't even used yet w/ games.

So I just stuck w/ the $120 card. Works like a charm.

Here's the review: http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=2518&p=5

That's always true with new features; it's not a big revelation and it doesn't mean those features are irrelevant.

Considering that people usually don't buy a dedicated sound card every year and that Creative's lineup doesn't change that often, you might regret that decision once games starts using and if it turns out to be a useful/desirable – that is if you play games.

Since I buy a new sound card every 3 or 4 years or so, I bought the Elite Pro. Not only it’s future-proof, but it's a darn good product feature-wise too.

Being beta BIOS, they are not supported by DFI, and if used remove any warranty on the board. This is probably why they don't have them on the site. That's just my thoughts on it though.

So the Czechs can be trusted with a beta BIOS but not the Americans? Hmmm. Regardless, DFI support responded to my inquiry and provided another link to the 9/7 BIOS:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

I really enjoyed playing FEAR on my X-Fi last night. Sounds great. Thank you for the E-mail address Angry_Games.

There's one advantage to the cards with the 64MB of XRAM: they don't have the nForce4 conflict. LOL. The more expensive cards don't have the problem. I wonder how that happened? :)

There's one advantage to the cards with the 64MB of XRAM: they don't have the nForce4 conflict.

Like I said, I haven't had a single problem w/ my card. I have the X-Fi XtremeMusic.

I guess I got lucky.

@Beyond l33t: I understand you could argue that it is a good purchase if it is used in the future; however, notice I said "what I need it for."

I'm not exactly sure what the difference in performance will be, but I just listen to music and play a few games. I'm not "hardcore" in either areas, so I think I'll be alright. If I find that I can't live w/o the X-RAM, then I'll sell my current card and get the Elite Pro or Fatal1ty (spelling?).