PWMIC 45degc

Chipset 50degc

Vid Card 56degc

Load, they get up to...

CPU 45degc

PWMIC 53degc

Chipset 58degc

Vid Card 86degc

Are these to high ?? and i have a problem with pc freezing up when gaming sometimes, sound still works just locks up. Can this be from heat on the chipset ??? any opions would be appriciated.

:confused:

Have edit signature to show changes to my system. Dont want to remove side panel if i can help it !! Have done it and put fan blowing onto video card chipset area and helps it a bit. Whats considered hot for those temps ??

edit... have 2 120mm fans extracting hot air with another coming to draw in at front.

My system is very similar to yours. Idle CPU = 38C, NB=47 PWMIC=40. Max. Load CPU = 51 C, NB=50 PWMIC=45.

The P180 is a quiet case, but you really need to get another 120 mm. fan (Antec Tri-Cool or Panflo). to pull air in the upper HD bay, for better air circulation and to keep your hard drives cool. (Per Smartfan 4.25, my HD temps are 30 C idle, 33 C load). I've found that the temps are about 1 C lower without the overhead duct over the video card area. I think that there is a dead air spot over the NB chip with the 7800 card, and the P180 overhead duct just doesn't clear the hot air very well, even with an 80 mm. fan installed.

I've modded the XP-90 with a fan adapter and a 120 mm. fan blowing down. Also, I've got another 120 mm. fan in the upper (CD-ROM) area blowing down on the RAM and NB and this seems to keep the temps stable.

I found success with turning fans in the opposite direction. My tornado was blowing ONTO the cpu when i bought it. I turned it so that it sucks air through my XP-90 and blows it away from the mobo and i got a 3C drop in temperature. Now it runs at cpu=22C ChipS=35C HDD=23C Ambient=23C...way cool.

Either way those temps are about average for most systems. I have a 92mm fan on my xp90c, 4 80mm intake fans, 2 in the back blowing air into the case, 1 in the front blowing air into the case, and 1 on the top blowing air out of the case, and 1 120mm fan blowing air out of the case on the side panel.

I tried reversing my fans as well and my temps actually went up, hence the funky fan setup.