not only angry, but lucky too ;)

Angry_Games

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i doubt there is really any difference...the important thing for me is the ability to Bolt-Thru the motherboard

this is essential for lidless (ie bare, non-heatspreader) cpu's like mobile A64's, or the ones where we cut off the tops lol.

I also like the ability to bolt-thru...it is a more secure way of doing things...look at the undersides of your XP-90's and 120's...you will see (after repeated installations) they start to 'mark' or 'score' from being tensioned on one side during install (clip-down).

but

I should shut my mouth and do an actual comparison right? (not that it is important since you cant buy these anyway)

Why not just remove the top bracket, clip the XP-90 on to the bracket, then use the bracket as a bolt through mechanism?

Heres my cheap $35 bolt through heatsink.

polo.jpg

Like AlienKing said the easy way is to bolt on a xp-90 is to clip the heatsink on the bracket then attach the bracket to the motherboard no scuffing of the heatsink and it is really hard to hurt the CPU this way. This is the way I did mine works very well. just don't forget to place the screws in the bracket first other wise you will have to take the heatsink off the bracket to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
"After looking at my parts shelf, found 2 units of SLK-478U"

"I still can't believe that I am able to get two brand-spanking-new SLK-948U's directly from Thermalright @ $30.00 each!!!"

I hope you two are on the same page? :confused:

???

so its a typo

I already received them last week a while ago sheesh

Angry, if you are still interested in Thermalright SLK948 U you can check

Cool-PC in Slovenia (they have it in store). However, it is a little pricey

(about 50 $ - just to show the prices we have to pay here in Slovenia

:mad: :mad: )

https://www.cool-pc.org/cgi-bin/b2cshop.cgi...l&id=492&cat=56

Info e-mail to Fran(the owner): <(don't post email addresses...spambots get them...>

haha thx, don't need them now though

Thermalright sent me 2 brand new ones, I already had one, plus i bought a used one from eBay in UK, and Rgone is modifying an SLK-947U to a 948U for me

and Thermalright is sending me an XP-120 and SI-120 today for testing on teh new Crossfire board ;)

thx though!