DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd need to know about the USB and SATA 2 performance before I jump.

Hey,

the board has a SiI3114 controller :(, no SATA-II support if ive got my facts right. Also if you remember the SiI3114 contoller from the NF2 brds would would also remember the poor performance it was plagued with.

Now ive asked a question earlier in the thread, but never got any sort of response back to it, maybe only a few peeps are bothered abt raid0 perofrmance ;). Can RGone please test this mthbrd in raid0 on the SiI controller and tell us whts going on. If I recall correctly the SiI3114 controller worked well on other mthbrds, right? It was just on the NF2 the implementation was poor?

Hope i get some response to these concerns, dont like the feeling of being left out!!!

:shake:

its the same Si3114 controller as on the NF4...I don't know why they chose to go with this...If I was in charge...I would have said something along these lines:

"this is being designed and built for DFI as the best performing, highest overclocking motherboard, along with our other Lanparty boards...if it costs $10 or even $20 more for a SATA II controller like the Promise chip...then we will use that since customers who wish to purchase this board will gladly pay the premium to get all of the best features and integrated items"

but thats just me

which is probably why I am not in charge of anything...

I read it as "wait for the ULi based board" coming out a few weeks after this one.

don't know anything about that...I know that we have another (possibly two? you know how I hate to speculate on anything) ATI based board coming out in a couple of weeks and I am very anxious to see what that one is.

its the same Si3114 controller as on the NF4

Just clear this up for me, maybe ive got my facts mixed up, was the SiI3114 controller not on the NF2 brds? Or was it on both NF2 and NF4 brds?

"this is being designed and built for DFI as the best performing, highest overclocking motherboard, along with our other Lanparty boards...if it costs $10 or even $20 more for a SATA II controller like the Promise chip...then we will use that since customers who wish to purchase this board will gladly pay the premium to get all of the best features and integrated items"

So is this your marketing statement?

Give this guy a promotion!!

heheheee

So is this your marketing statement?

Give this guy a promotion!!

heheheee

I would say from a designers perspective he has the right idea.. marketing guys on the other hand, will put a spin on a cardboard box full of smelly gym shorts and socks and try to convince you to buy it.

don't know anything about that...I know that we have another (possibly two? you know how I hate to speculate on anything) ATI based board coming out in a couple of weeks and I am very anxious to see what that one is.

Straight from the October 13, 2005 Anand article regarding the new ULi chipset. We can only speculate DFI will be all over this too.

"The reality of the M1575 only makes the wait for retail AMD Crossfire motherboards even more frustrating, but it finally appears that the wait is only a few more days. DFI tells us that their first retail ATI Enthusiast Crossfire boards will appear at E-tailers, like New Egg, sometime next week. DFI also plans a second version of an enthusiast ATI board that will appear 2 to 3 weeks after the first Crossfire AMD version. MSI, Gigabyte and ECS will have boards available by the end of October. MSI will use both ULi M1575 and ATI SB450 on their ATI chipset boards, depending on the target audience"