Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Got my 2 x 1 GB Ballistix running at 3-3-3-7-1T dual channel now 270HTT 1:1 2.8v (2.73 smartguardian reading). Everything is on auto, except the timings are set manually. Ram is in slots 2 and 4. Not bad.

You could probably get alot higher if you tweaked the settings that are on auto. Out of curiosity, could you leave everything you have set now, and post a screenshot of A64tweaker settings? I'm just curious as to what your auto settings translate to.

Cool, thanks for the pic - i'm gonna see if these settings act the same on my system, if not, it must be my cpu that is making things weird.

Edit: these setting only work for me @ 200mhz, at 250 windows crashes... i'm just gonna buy a new cpu or hope a bios revision accidently supports my cpu lol

Guest jaco

I'm thinking this shipping bios works best with newer CPU's

I see people with San Diego , Venice and FX having great results.

Winchester and Newcastle users seem to be less fortunate ??

I haven't had much luck with my Winchester.

I could be wrong here , just a thought...

working on 270x10 with 2x1024 of Ballistix4000

i think the bios i have really hates CAS3 as I get awful memory bandwidth even at 270x10...but if I plug TCCD back in (which won't do 270 at all for me) my bandwidth goes way up...

more testing to come...

11/02/05 did not change much for me really. I can go less high in FSB now than previously but did make it back to 290x9.

RGone...

Some interesting tidbits of information now up over at Anandtech.com

They just completed a tour of Taiwan to visit all the motherboard manufacturers. Anyway, on the last page of THIS article they mention that ATi RD580 chipset is already in sampling, giving RD480 the shortest lifespan ever.

So, let's hypothesize for a minute.

If DFI were to release a new motherboard based on this RD580 chip, do you think they would take that opportunity to switch to ULi's M1575 chipset instead of ATi's SB450? If RD580 remains pin-compatible with RD480 it would be cheaper for DFI to just update the northbridge only :(

Let's all cross our fingers and hope they "Be a Man! Doo da rite fing!" as Russell Peters with a chinese accent might say.

Some interesting tidbits of information now up over at Anandtech.com

They just completed a tour of Taiwan to visit all the motherboard manufacturers. Anyway, on the last page of THIS article they mention that ATi RD580 chipset is already in sampling, giving RD480 the shortest lifespan ever.

So, let's hypothesize for a minute.

If DFI were to release a new motherboard based on this RD580 chip, do you think they would take that opportunity to switch to ULi's M1575 chipset instead of ATi's SB450? If RD580 remains pin-compatible with RD480 it would be cheaper for DFI to just update the northbridge only :(

Let's all cross our fingers and hope they "Be a Man! Doo da rite fing!" as Russell Peters with a chinese accent might say.

Unless i am all confused, i think they are talking videocard gpu's there ;)