DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not asking for any help though. Just sharing my results. And if i get banned, i'll just go back to XS.

ahhh... but you see... sharing your results is more helpful when we know all of the ingredients...

ahhh... but you see... sharing your results is more helpful when we know all of the ingredients...

True enough :nod:

Anyway, now running the RAM with 3-3-3-8-1T timings, same voltage. Also hit a wall at 270FSB. Board can boot at 250x11 multi = 2.75Ghz (not prime stable), but it won't boot at 275x10 multi (even with different ram divinders). Oh well, waiting for a new BIOS. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Long time no post on here, but knew there would be some good information about like usual.

Ive just bought a 3800 Venice which will be on its way to me very shortly, and was going for a Nforce4 SLI-DR due to the need of at least 3 locked Sata ports, 2 for my raptor raid and 1 for my data drive as currently with this 250GB I have the data drive on an unlocked device and as such no overclocking.

Then when I saw these boards out based on the ATi chipset, that definate decision became alot harder ;) .

I first heard about the X200 chipset from a review of the Sapphire board from Anadatech and although I was impressed with the capabilites of the northbridge, the southbride performance left alot to be desired.

When I heard about the DFI board making way, I was more than surprised it was using the SB450 unlike the Abit board which is not currently out using the ULi SB.

However, the reason for this post is to ask people if they really notice any drawbacks as to the USB performance and the lack of a SATA II controller?

Part of me is thinking, I really wont and that this board seems like a good idea and another part of me is thinking, am I really wanting to pay such money on a motherboard which has such flaws? This is a performance desktop sollution after all.

Just wondered what the people who own one already think?

Many thanks

Mark

P.S Angry_Games I envy you :drool:

question are all here only using those crappy TCCD & TCC? memory on this board, as mine redline sticks run super on nf4 U-D and they do easy 280+, they defenetly must make bios like to NF4 thats is for both sorts o mem one for TCCD and one for BH-5 and UTT thats for shure , i think it's a pretty nice board and drive it with subzero is what i are out for and then have the x1800xt 512mb and later the mastercard then i will hunt Kinc 50k in 01, 40K in 03 and his wr in 05 :)

P.S Angry_Games I envy you

you shouldn't...it aint fun and games during new board release periods =(

question are all here only using those crappy TCCD & TCC? memory on this board, as mine redline sticks run super on nf4 U-D and they do easy 280+, they defenetly must make bios like to NF4 thats is for both sorts o mem one for TCCD and one for BH-5 and UTT thats for shure , i think it's a pretty nice board and drive it with subzero is what i are out for and then have the x1800xt 512mb and later the mastercard then i will hunt Kinc 50k in 01, 40K in 03 and his wr in 05

um...why would you call TCCD crappy when the majority of TCCD and TCC5 will do 275+ ?

and why would you assume that just because you have some sort of great overclock on an NF4 board, that it would translate to any other board (hell, even any other NF4 board from a different model or mfg)?

you guys need to figure out some stuff that is reality...and one of those is that just because you get some result on one board, does not mean you are going to get it on a totally different board, especially based on a totally different chipset.

and the other thing you need to know...this board was not optimized at the beggining design stages for TCCD, nor BH-5 like the NF4 board was

so you can pray for a bios until you fall over dead and maybe won't get anywhere because a bios cannot fix something like trace lengths (ever wonder why the NF4 was such a great clocker with TCCD when other mfg's NF4's were only marginal at best with TCCD? it is because the board's trace lengths between cpu and dimm sockets were optimized during design...something that was not done on teh ATI board, nor the NF4 Infinity boards)

um...why would you call TCCD crappy when the majority of TCCD and TCC5 will do 275+ ?

and why would you assume that just because you have some sort of great overclock on an NF4 board, that it would translate to any other board (hell, even any other NF4 board from a different model or mfg)?

you guys need to figure out some stuff that is reality...and one of those is that just because you get some result on one board, does not mean you are going to get it on a totally different board, especially based on a totally different chipset.

and the other thing you need to know...this board was not optimized at the beggining design stages for TCCD, nor BH-5 like the NF4 board was

so you can pray for a bios until you fall over dead and maybe won't get anywhere because a bios cannot fix something like trace lengths (ever wonder why the NF4 was such a great clocker with TCCD when other mfg's NF4's were only marginal at best with TCCD? it is because the board's trace lengths between cpu and dimm sockets were optimized during design...something that was not done on teh ATI board, nor the NF4 Infinity boards)

dont mean that crappy but i know for sure that BH-5 outperforme TCCD/TCC5, i've tried som TCCD sticks that do atleast 300 and my BH-5 outperformed them when they are in a speed of 275-280, i'm just a bencher and i must say that the only thing to bench with performace is BH-5, i know that TCCD/TCC5 will do a heck of ram speed but it aint enough performance by my meaning, and i know that a bios not can fix trace length, but i hope a bios udate fix some few issues like and i think i speak for all those who having truoble with save&exit and it wont boot again and that kind of thing, and i must say this board is very hard to configure, that you must argee with me..

dont mean that crappy but i know for sure that BH-5 outperforme TCCD/TCC5, i've tried som TCCD sticks that do atleast 300 and my BH-5 outperformed them when they are in a speed of 275-280, i'm just a bencher and i must say that the only thing to bench with performace is BH-5, i know that TCCD/TCC5 will do a heck of ram speed but it aint enough performance by my meaning,

rofl - think you might be surprised to hear that your SuperPi 1M times are easily beat with TCCD @ the same CPU speed...

Also running higher FSB @ 1:1 in 3DMarks are sometimes also another thing to look at.

But if you wanna chase Kinc - you prolly know.

rofl - think you might be surprised to hear that your SuperPi 1M times are easily beat with TCCD @ the same CPU speed...

Also running higher FSB @ 1:1 in 3DMarks are sometimes also another thing to look at.

But if you wanna chase Kinc - you prolly know.

well i dont run S-pi that much and im sure i can go faster than that i have in sign, and for 3dmarks, 01 you must have good fsb but you dont need it that much in 03 and 05 as you prob know it's the graph thats is important there, and chasing and chasin i will do a try atleast but i know it will be hard his fx57 is fast like hell on LN2, and i have'nt run mine with it yet but on DICE mine easy do 3700+mhz not that i've benched in that speed i only benched 01 at 3677mhz and thats ok by me

Here's my spi 32m, not quite as fast as yours though... but then again i was browsing forums during it ;)

29spi32mstable3jl.th.jpg

Edit: i forgot i had my mem clocked so low on that divider, i got my tccd running at 207mhz at those timings / cpu speed now.