Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Well UPS dropped off my board today, i can't wait to get home to play with it. It will be nice to see what it can do with some Ballistix, since it seems no one has tested them with this board, and it's supposedy optimised for them. I guess we'll see ;)

My board will be here on Friday to replace my now dead Ultra-D! May it R.I.P.

Fingers crossed for a good run with my current setup! :)

O.

Woot its out!

In the Anandtech article it said "The design team tells us that the RDX200 was optimized for Crucial Ballistix 1GB DIMMs and not our standard OCZ TCCD DIMMs."

Maybe we could see better results than what Anandtech got and even more friendly overclocking?

problem with this is that TCCD and BH-5/BH-5 UTT are about 85%-95% of what our users have, with Ballistix being about 5% or so

why Oskar would make a board that is optimized for 5% of our users for maximum overclocking when 85% or more of us don't user Ballistix is beyond me...this is another reason why I say just hold onto your dollars and see what else comes out.

I don't have but a single 2x512MB kit of Ballistix 4000, I don't have any 2GB Ballistix kits and I don't see Crucial giving me any...yet I have at least 12 kits of TCCD, at least 6 kits of BH-5 or BH-5 UTT, and about 5 different 2GB kits

When I buy a board to overclock, I want to know that the most popular memory on the planet (TCCD-based stuff at this moment) is what is going to work the best in my board. I've had TCCD and BH-5 for a good long while, no way am I going to go out and spend for Ballistix when I have nearly 20 kits of RAM that clock like freaking crazy on my NF4 and NF3 and even NF2 boards.

I don't understand the logic of maximizing a board for Ballistix when the overwhelming majority of us bought TCCD and BH-5 and that is what we continue to buy.

I will wait for the NF4 Expert or the next ATI Crossfire that are supposed to be maximized for the majority of us that have TCCD/BH-5 memories

I'd like to know if there is any truth to the above statements. Has anyone tried this board with Ballistix 2 x 1GB besides me? Because it will not post at all with them in - the only options i am left with atm is to put in my TCCD (which boots fine) and change dram settings in the bios, swap to the Ballistix (if the bios settings save) and see if what i changed helps them boot.

PS, i'm not getting fustrated yet, just looking for some info so i don't drive myself crazy trying something that cannot be done.

Got a little cheaper ram to give a go at this thing and it ain't that shabby for Value Ram and was of no consequence to setup as has not been so previously.

Pulled the KHX3200A out after swapping to 3,3,3,8 the SPD timings for this stuff and plugged in the Value stuff at the previous 20FSB overclock of 220x10 and off to the races.

a220x10kvr.jpg

Tally Ho... :angel:

RGone...

Hi RGone

You benched Everest while you Prime?

Does this board have 4 fully-locked SATA ports? If so, I'd be sold...once upgrade time comes anyway. :D

Seems my x11 multi is the only thing I can take to extremes right now... Max stable at X10 and X9 ar inthe 260-270 range. anything higher and I dont get past the CMOS save screen.

Now that I think about it, it seems 260-270 is as high as I can go on the HTT bus period..... No matter the Multiplier..... Just noticed that as I was typing this....

Been messign with a lot of bios tweaks to no avail.

My new Power Supply should be here tomorrow (Enermax 701) so hopefully that will buff up my 12v rail Issues and we'll see where I can go on that.

ANy word on Bios Updates?

Guest jaco

After I change a setting in the bios ,and restart , I have no post. just a black screen. A couple of resets is needed before the system starts again ?

Here's my test setup

DFI RDX200 - stock bios 10/11

Tagan 480W (24pin + has 4pin and 8pin connector ,12V=28A)

3200 Winchester .

Thermalright XP-90 +92mm Papst

2*256Mb Corsair 3500 (BH5)

80GB Maxtor SATA

5$ PCI S3 8MB POS videocard (for now :nod: )

I'm currently running SP94 (prime) at 266x10 , memory 222Mhz [email protected] vdimm. LDT 4x , 166divider, 1,63vcore , 2-2-2-7 timings rest on auto.

Completed superpi32M and OCCT already without problems so this is looking real good.

I'll post some pics later.

I only started playing with this board this afternoon -and already a whopping 660Mhz CPU overclock on air :shake:

Guest jaco

266x10 1,63vcore (CPUz shows wrong) , memory 222Mhz 2-2-2-7 3,04vdimm

My screen resolution is limited to 640*480 because i'm using an old 8MB PCI videocard :D

266x10%20166div%20221Mhz%202-2-2-5%20OCCT.JPG

266x10%20166div%20221Mhz%202-2-2-7%20Pi%2032M%2028m22.JPG

The best this cpu did with aircooling was 2650Mhz - so RDX200 is already doing better :nod:

Impaqt ,

266HTT is the highest so far. 267 or higher gives no boot.

Seems my x11 multi is the only thing I can take to extremes right now... Max stable at X10 and X9 ar inthe 260-270 range. anything higher and I dont get past the CMOS save screen.

Now that I think about it, it seems 260-270 is as high as I can go on the HTT bus period..... No matter the Multiplier..... Just noticed that as I was typing this....

Been messign with a lot of bios tweaks to no avail.

My new Power Supply should be here tomorrow (Enermax 701) so hopefully that will buff up my 12v rail Issues and we'll see where I can go on that.

ANy word on Bios Updates?

I had a similar issue, where it wouldn't get past the CMOS save screen past 270. I know this may sounds weird, but if you are running the ram on a divider, relax your timings more and see if it gets past that point - also play with the dram drv str and level. that is what i had to do, and it got my cpu up to 290 x 10 and into windows, but not stable enough to stress test.

It's worth a try :)