Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

I aint buying till this question is answered....

Does this suffer from the same Vtt droop/dip/glitch issue the NF4 board does?

I'll assume the issues raised so far are more teething than anything, I remember the same teething issues with the NF4 boards and they are now fan-crapg-tastic boards after working out the kinks with bios tweaks and user education.

yea im jus hoping it stays in stock , im still out on what card im buying

I hoping also...... I think you should both 850's cards.

What a switch with only 164 hours of intensive tweaking the nose of the motherboard gods. Homework, homework and then a sort of mastery as it were. It comes to me often that way. Hard-headed numb MS red-nake that I am.

For example, I put 2 sticks of KHX3200AK2/1G in and was greated just as with Gskil by a steady 'siren' of memory error. No not a beep but a sireeeeen. Hehehe. Holy holly hockey shett, switch to jsp mode quickly. Clear CMOS reeeaaaaly fast like jsp. Restart. Uh oh madam sireeenie agin. Shetting of far. Freeek RGone now what you gunna do? Freeken use the "orefishal" DFI cmoose clear procedure and go to using the memory. Heheheehehe. It is in the doing raton that worketh not the being of pre-conceived ID's that is most benerfishal in these cases. Hehehee.

Freeken slipping intuh rgoneian... so me....got to runz. :shake:

Luck guys.

RGone...

heheheh....step away from the mobo and reset your own cmos with some much needed sleep......heheheh....first stage is over and looking good.....now rest and then get stuck into tightening that mofo :)......i'm sure there's plenty more to come...........

Hey DFI people,

Is this common for all DFI boards, or is this board proving a little more challenging than the usual? Would like to know. I'm deciding between this board and the LP SLI-DR. Any input would be welcome. I like a challenge, but not a week long-10 hour a day process to find the perfect overclock. :D

Hey DFI people,

Is this common for all DFI boards, or is this board proving a little more challenging than the usual? Would like to know. I'm deciding between this board and the LP SLI-DR. Any input would be welcome. I like a challenge, but not a week long-10 hour a day process to find the perfect overclock. :D

With either board you're looking at a challenge because of all the memory tweak options...you can apply that across all the Lan Party boards really, not just these two.

Got a little cheaper ram to give a go at this thing and it ain't that shabby for Value Ram and was of no consequence to setup as has not been so previously.

Pulled the KHX3200A out after swapping to 3,3,3,8 the SPD timings for this stuff and plugged in the Value stuff at the previous 20FSB overclock of 220x10 and off to the races.

a220x10kvr.jpg

Tally Ho... :angel:

RGone...

With either board you're looking at a challenge because of all the memory tweak options...you can apply that across all the Lan Party boards really, not just these two.

Yeah OG, that's one of the great things about Gigabyte boards. You plug it all up, and it works...right out of the box. Then you can go in and start messing with timings etc. They actually have quite a few adjustments too. But...not as many as LP boards. And one of the the big drawbacks is it only has +.2 on the dimm voltage. That said, I dont understand things like "drive strength" on LP boards. That terminology is foreign to me.

Maybe one of you can suggest best timings/settings (like drive strength) with my memory to at least get me going. As listed below, I have 2GB(2x1GB) OCZ PC4000 Gold Edition mem with 8-4-4-3 factory, and will be using the cpu below of course.

Any help would be appreciated. I read all the reviews on DFI, and I love the performance you can squeeze out of these things.

Slam