Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Pete_X.. Nice cpu you got there.. high clock with low vcore is a good thing.. :D

yeah that's why we've been pushing for support for these Opteron CPUs.... or OpterOWN heheh

Nice stuff...but, I don't know anyone here who is a "monk" (monkies). ;-}

Waiting...waiting...what to buy...oh, what to buy next?

Charles

Yup I 2nd tht! Very nice CPU, could you comment on the vCore regulation on tht mobo? Thts an amazing clock with 1.4v even on watercooling, I need 1.52v (bios, in reality 1.58v DD) to get prime95 stable and it aint stable for 8hrs! Max i get is 4hrs, good enough for me, but not for some.

I really want to grab another board, just to rule out bad vCore regulation on mine.

Hi ...

well ... cpu-z does a wrong readout ... vCore was 1,48 ... i know that the CPU can do it with 1,45 and a bit less (tested on DFI nF4`s). I just went up a notch to be on the save side ;). Basically the 0534 150`s fly, i had several in my hands - most can do 12x240 @ std vCore :nod:

Primed a bit last night with 11x270, 11x275 and 10x280, 270 went ok ... 275 had slight Probs where i blame the Bios and 280 was a no boot .... so i really hope that a Beta shows up very soon. The Board has a nice potential - and with a better Bios it would really fly.

Another Subject ... the readouts ... i wonder a bit if the temp readounts from sg are ok - and we need a new version of glockgen and prolly the long waited cpu-z update :nod:

For the curious: XP120 fits nicely, i just checked this morn :shake:

PS: @Dinos - thanks for posting on XS ... i`m not regged there :rolleyes:

PS: @Dinos - thanks for posting on XS ... i`m not regged there :rolleyes:

:P hehehe.....man i think a lot of people have been really hanging for some exciting news about these....hope you don't mind

are you able to reach higher HTT with lower multipliers....that is one thing that is lacking with this board....all my CPUs have been 9 or 10x multi CPUs so i need to have a mobo that can easily stretch its legs past 340

i've been hanging for that bloody Expert board with constant ETA adjustments.....if it doesn't show up any time soon i'll have to get something as i've almost gotten rid of all my current gear

I am more than just suspicious that you will eventually give up on this idea. It is not what the board is actually designed to do at all.

all my CPUs have been 9 or 10x multi CPUs so i need to have a mobo that can easily stretch its legs past 340

In point of fact I think you are going to be very disappointed in general about just soaring into the high HTT's (fsb) at 1:1. On a divider where you have need to push the cpu mhz> yes that likely is doable.

Myself and I know one very talented board pusher have beat up 3 of these boards for too long over a week. Too much effort spent trying to put the board where it does not want to go across any of the three boards we have.

Does that make this board bad? H*LL NO. What it makes it is different. What it makes it is very stable within its design limits and very unlikely to have some of the problems with other chipsets when performing at or near 90% of all it will give.

Suffice it to say this board and chipset will fit a lot more people than just the hardcore, fixated overclocking maniac and perform quite well as soon as a couple of quirks are sussed out of the bios. I would refrain from holding my breath and betting my first born and left arm that it will be a wildly frenetic soarer deep into the 300's for FSB. I am nearly sure after careful consideration and seeing some that I know have superb tCCd memory; find that currently it will just not do so at this time with current production boards.

Does it have a valid place in the market? I think it does for the right person with great powers of perception and understanding. I think for most 'let me have it just got to clock it' types; there will be some dissappointment. This board will be for thinkers and some with a desire to finally use a solid board that is fast even if not the plain FSB king.

I am sorting my thoughts after getting past my preconceived notions so that I could get the required 'prime95' requirements met for the type of users that visit these forums. These forums are hedged in the directions of absolute stability and not so much to just balls hung out overclocking. When I finish thought sorting, it will be a huge task to try and reveal the user bracket this board will best fit. I fear I will fail at that task, but this board is when leaving pre-conceived notions in the closet; one fine piece on ones and zeros handler to me now.

RGone...

:P hehehe.....man i think a lot of people have been really hanging for some exciting news about these....hope you don't mind

are you able to reach higher HTT with lower multipliers....that is one thing that is lacking with this board....all my CPUs have been 9 or 10x multi CPUs so i need to have a mobo that can easily stretch its legs past 340

i've been hanging for that bloody Expert board with constant ETA adjustments.....if it doesn't show up any time soon i'll have to get something as i've almost gotten rid of all my current gear

On a divider where you have need to push the cpu mhz> yes that likely is doable.
this piece of information is what i'm interested in

I don't have time to stop now and get over on a divider since I have already run 9 + hours at 275x10 1:1 and am over 1 hour of prime at 280x10 which if this board will do it will be new record for that particular cpu on any freeken board. It just is not; well make that had not been, a 2800mhz Venice on air. Seems this board and my rethink may well do it prime stable though now.

I finish up prime though in a few hours; might breakdown the multiplier and run on a divider for a test.

RGone...

its the same Si3114 controller as on the NF4...I don't know why they chose to go with this...If I was in charge...I would have said something along these lines:

"this is being designed and built for DFI as the best performing, highest overclocking motherboard, along with our other Lanparty boards...if it costs $10 or even $20 more for a SATA II controller like the Promise chip...then we will use that since customers who wish to purchase this board will gladly pay the premium to get all of the best features and integrated items"

but thats just me

which is probably why I am not in charge of anything...

Excellent thoughts there AG..and exactly what I was thinking in my head when I read the anandtech review. I really don't mind paying a premium price for a mobo...but.....It better damn well perform at least as good than my current board...and not be a downgrade in feature....exspecially ones I use such as USB and sataII. I as you don't understand what DFI was thinking when making this mobo.

I also could justify a bad butt OCing mobo with no feature like lan, usb, or sata1 or II but not at the price premium of this board it would have to be cheap ;)

Excellent thoughts there AG..and exactly what I was thinking in my head when I read the anandtech review. I really don't mind paying a premium price for a mobo...but.....It better damn well perform at least as good than my current board...and not be a downgrade in feature....exspecially ones I use such as USB and sataII. I as you don't understand what DFI was thinking when making this mobo.

I also could justify a bad butt OCing mobo with no feature like lan, usb, or sata1 or II but not at the price premium of this board it would have to be cheap ;)

It must be very cheap.

Like Asrock i think.

I don't have time to stop now and get over on a divider since I have already run 9 + hours at 275x10 1:1 and am over 1 hour of prime at 280x10 which if this board will do it will be new record for that particular cpu on any freeken board. It just is not; well make that had not been, a 2800mhz Venice on air. Seems this board and my rethink may well do it prime stable though now.

I finish up prime though in a few hours; might breakdown the multiplier and run on a divider for a test.

RGone...

it certainly is looking good so far no doubt , definately watching this thread for future updates........ keep up the good work.....and get an Opteron hehehe....afterall they are the best clocking AMD CPUs out there.......that way we'll have a master tweaker pushing the right buttons and help us clock them sky high....... :D

dinos22 man, I am on 340HTT x 8, with 166 mem speed set which gives me 2719Mhz and within the max range of my cpu and the memory is at 271.9Mhz and I am happily priming along. So if my Opteron comes with a 10 multiplier>>>Hot dog I should be able to push it easily and keep my memory at around 280 which I know the board does fine. Seems your plan may well be doable man. Letting this go for 8 hours for OCDB entry. I need a faster processor/// hehehehehe. :nod:

RGone...

it certainly is looking good so far no doubt , definately watching this thread for future updates........ keep up the good work.....and get an Opteron hehehe....afterall they are the best clocking AMD CPUs out there.......that way we'll have a master tweaker pushing the right buttons and help us clock them sky high....... :D