Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

hehehe.

Think it's more like "take 2 CrossFires and an RDX-200 and call me in the morning" :nod:

signed "Doctor Nerdlinger"

So this means that the nf4 series will be able to do 4x512 @ 1T as well with a BIOS update?

Your guess is as good as mine. Wonder if Angry knew that statement would get us going?

Yes it would be really good if a BIOS update could allow 4x512MB on nF4 series boards! Although I am still highly sceptical of this information... I (like others) thought it was a limitation of the memory controller on the CPUs and didn't think this would be possible.

Guess we just have to wait and see :P

I (like others) thought it was a limitation of the memory controller on the CPUs
Ah Hah > Toyota you got it!!! Surely, so you are thinking rightly about the NF4 chipset boards. Controller strength is the key. The only way you would not be wrong at your quote above is if the controller strength were somehow beefed. So you can REST ASSURED it will not be a widespread occurance for the NF4 since at this time there are 6 steppings for A64 and more than 20 model variations within the steppings. So the 4 stick 1T will be so varied across cpus is my guess that many will not ever see it happen. Maybe even when it is all clearer > it will happen only for latest E6 cpu. Other than that I have not seen such thing as of yet. So breathe more smoothly and do not hyper-ventilate. It is too early.

RGone...

Yes it would be really good if a BIOS update could allow 4x512MB on nF4 series boards! Although I am still highly sceptical of this information... I (like others) thought it was a limitation of the memory controller on the CPUs and didn't think this would be possible.

Guess we just have to wait and see :P

Thanks RGone, got us back on Track as well. Talking about the ATI Chipset here.

Realy like the little color coding for ATX, Spkr, HDD LED, etc on the board.

I hate having to plug those in with my fat fingers and crappy eyesight.

Better now,

But still a little woozy :)

Realy like the little color coding for ATX, Spkr, HDD LED, etc on the board.

I hate having to plug those in with my fat fingers and crappy eyesight.

lol can't remember the last time using those.. but it should be nice to have

Yup... Definately know what board I'm getting for my next upgrade.

Now all ATI has to do is release the X1800XT and the Master version of the same & we'll all be drooling. Macci managed to OC the nuts off a single X1800XT and beat the 3DMark05 score of a pair of 7800GTX's in SLi (I know, I know... the GTX's were at stock clocking) So I'm REALLY interested in seeing what a pair of those are going to do.

Yup... Definately know what board I'm getting for my next upgrade.

might want to wait a bit...there's more coming down the pipe than just this board (we have another ATI board coming and the NF4 Expert).

be patient guys...you haven't heard me or rgone come back and tout this board as a supa-mega-big-big-gotta-have-it-or-you-are-a-weakling board yet have you?

you maybe want to wait until you hear something good...