Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Played JSP and it even booted.

RGone... :cool:

RGone,

I know we can trust you to test tht Sil3114 controller ;), why oh why did they choose tht controler on tht brd :sad:, to save on cost! Wht are us peeps meant to do with our hitachi raid0 drives, buy another raid controller, SATA I why oh why oh why.

Im hoping tht its performance is going to be better than on the NF2 brds, hopefully the poor performance wasnt down to the controller but the mthbrd design! I want to be happy abt a new toy to test out, but feel dissapointed (hope my initial feelings are proved wrong) tht old tech (SATA I) is used on a new brd

sorry guys I am unable to post anything like that until Monday since we let Anandtech have exclusive on it. I am making a vid with the DV on how i put it together and that it is installing windows, but for benches and screenshots, you will have to wait until Anandtech posts their review up, then I will post my own stock-speed shots and see how well it overclocks

I do know that it is capable of doing 4x1024 @ 2-2-5-2, 1T, DDR400 (if your memory will do 2-2-5-2 anyway)

the important thing is that it will do 1T @ 4x1024 (and of course 4x512)

other than that...can't really say much

too early to tell

as with everything, you should wait for a week or two to see what Rgone and I say before purchasing this board

Interesting. I thought 2T command rate was a limitation of the A64 processors memory controller when all four DIMM slots are populated, not of the motherboard chipset...

The chipset should have nothing to do with memory performance becuase the memory controller is on the CPU.

unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose, depending on how you look at it), this is not altogether true

Oskar has found a way to make it do 1T with 4x1024 modules (and 4x512)

we were always told it was the memory controller's limitation

but

it might be a 'trick' just like CAS1.5 is really only a 'trick'

unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose, depending on how you look at it), this is not altogether true

Oskar has found a way to make it do 1T with 4x1024 modules (and 4x512)

we were always told it was the memory controller's limitation

but

it might be a 'trick' just like CAS1.5 is really only a 'trick'

Would like to know about the Oskar 1T 4x512 trick.

I'm with ya.

Just tripin' out thinkin' about 4G at 1T and a couple of crossfire cards.

palms real sweaty and feelin' a lil light-headed. Ganna lay down for a minute :)