DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand AG, I'm still looking at what to pick out for my new comp I didn't even think about the Ballistix just because I haven't even seen any rigs with it and of course I'm leaning towards OCZ just because we have the OCZ guys hanging around to help with any problems that come up. But anyways I would like to see some benchies with the Ballistix, who knows there might be someone that bought them a while back, had some problems and they have been collecting dust and this is the perfect time to bring them back to see if what in Anandtech's article had said from a DFI tech.

Anyways I'll wait a bit longer for some more reviews and posts about this new mobo from other users to add in my list of choices, soon enough I'll finally be with the A64 guys. :D

When you don't see me it is for good reason. I do not jump to post just to be up here. I am over the 60 hour mark of memtesting all combinations trying to get my particular board to run 300FSB and prime to reach the OCDB. Not yet. So for me the board adjusts easily and AG is not shetting about that 'as far' as just plugging in memories to run stock. When you get to maybe 240 to 270 depending on the memory installed a hard @ss brick wall has been reached by those I know testing. You can check Xs forums where Tony gave me kudos for getting them past that wall. One board went on to make up the anandtech review with exceptional memory. Freeeken exceptional memory.

As relates to the brick wall > BT and I have already BT'd one bios that can take most past 270 loading optimized defaults BECAUSE we changed the defaults to make it work with TCCx. This was done for jsp et al. It takes a ton of voltage on memory to go high with TCCx even. So X to the n power have I tried for settings with some rather exceptional memory I have myself but I have not unlocked my 300FSB key yet. Maybe maybe not. Solid easy to use board and we CAN BT it to boot for jsp above 270 with TCCx.

Oh lest you think in the back of your mind that RGone is suddenly just a dork> I can "still" fire up my SLI-DR and run 315x9 prime w/all for OCDB using some of the same memory I am trying now. Thank you gents.

RGone...

Where is the review from the RGonian one?

Wow! Nice pics! I think I just wet myself...

Um, Angry, what's the additional 8 plug power socket for? Is it required? Is a new power supply needed? I haven't seen 32 pin power supplies yet.

Please post a link for the Anandtech article when it hits.

Thanks!

Wow! Nice pics! I think I just wet myself...

Um, Angry, what's the additional 8 plug power socket for? Is it required? Is a new power supply needed? I haven't seen 32 pin power supplies yet.

Please post a link for the Anandtech article when it hits.

Thanks!

search button is your friend, as is the big giant RULES thread

I used the same hardware (3200+ Venice, Centon/GEIL tccd and GEIL/OCZ BH-5) that I have entered numerous times in the OC Database...and I cannot get this board to overclock...my highest was with Centon TCCD, and I achieved a measely 223HTT (223x10).

By chance you do not have any UCCC based ram to try out?

Looks like this isn't the "drop everything, sell your left testcile because this board is the shiznatz!" I was hoping for. :) Thanks for the heads up though.

If you want to try out some UCCC sticks, I have my rig in pieces now while I figure out the watercooling set up so I can send you my two sticks of G.Skill 1024s in my sig for a crack at it.

By chance you do not have any UCCC based ram to try out?

Looks like this isn't the "drop everything, sell your left testcile because this board is the shiznatz!" I was hoping for. :) Thanks for the heads up though.

If you want to try out some UCCC sticks, I have my rig in pieces now while I figure out the watercooling set up so I can send you my two sticks of G.Skill 1024s in my sig for a crack at it.

all 4GB of the UCCC OCZ stuff I have is tied up in my big mega-big-big workstation build right now

I must be blind as well as brain dead. I still do not see a link to your Video on the CF MB AG.

Viper

nah i actually just uploaded the torrent, then decided I better watch it real quick and crap its very poor quality...it was encoded on a 2800+ Newcastle 754 rig and its pretty awful so Im taking the dvd iso and re-encoding it and then putting it through Camtasia or Adobe Premiere to clean it up a little and then it will be ready

Just ordered mine from Newegg..... as a certified DFI/ATI Addict, I could not resist this board. I'ma littel dissapointed that ANANDTECH seems to have had much better luck overclocking than Rgone and AG..... I'm sure we'll see lots of Bios updates down the road though.

As far as SATA II and NCQ goes, I can live without em. but definatly would of paid a few extra buck to have it.