DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

ive got a 335MB video of how to put it together start-to-finish (well, from pulling it out of the static bag to getting windows installed)

not really much to it...same build routine as the NF4...one stick of memory, boot up, load optimized defaults, set bios how you like it, install windows...pretty easy stuff but I made a vid just in case...

Is there a link to download this video?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for overclocking....it probably is just me, but I cannot get this board to overclock for nothing, no matter what i put into it, no matter what settings I try.

I used the same hardware (3200+ Venice, Centon/GEIL tccd and GEIL/OCZ BH-5) that I have entered numerous times in the OC Database...and I cannot get this board to overclock...my highest was with Centon TCCD, and I achieved a measely 223HTT (223x10).

Damn now that seriously sucks!!!

Viper

Woot its out!

In the Anandtech article it said "The design team tells us that the RDX200 was optimized for Crucial Ballistix 1GB DIMMs and not our standard OCZ TCCD DIMMs."

Maybe we could see better results than what Anandtech got and even more friendly overclocking? :D

Woot its out!

In the Anandtech article it said "The design team tells us that the RDX200 was optimized for Crucial Ballistix 1GB DIMMs and not our standard OCZ TCCD DIMMs."

Maybe we could see better results than what Anandtech got and even more friendly overclocking? :D

problem with this is that TCCD and BH-5/BH-5 UTT are about 85%-95% of what our users have, with Ballistix being about 5% or so

why Oskar would make a board that is optimized for 5% of our users for maximum overclocking when 85% or more of us don't user Ballistix is beyond me...this is another reason why I say just hold onto your dollars and see what else comes out.

I don't have but a single 2x512MB kit of Ballistix 4000, I don't have any 2GB Ballistix kits and I don't see Crucial giving me any...yet I have at least 12 kits of TCCD, at least 6 kits of BH-5 or BH-5 UTT, and about 5 different 2GB kits

When I buy a board to overclock, I want to know that the most popular memory on the planet (TCCD-based stuff at this moment) is what is going to work the best in my board. I've had TCCD and BH-5 for a good long while, no way am I going to go out and spend for Ballistix when I have nearly 20 kits of RAM that clock like freaking crazy on my NF4 and NF3 and even NF2 boards.

I don't understand the logic of maximizing a board for Ballistix when the overwhelming majority of us bought TCCD and BH-5 and that is what we continue to buy.

I will wait for the NF4 Expert or the next ATI Crossfire that are supposed to be maximized for the majority of us that have TCCD/BH-5 memories

Guest ElAguila

I am disappointed that anandtech didn't run any tests on a raid 0 setup to see how the sil controller worked with the ati chipset as well as finding out how the ati sb chip did in raid 0 performance.

Guest ElAguila

I agree angry. When I heard about being able to do 4x1024 at 1T I thought great! Instead of getting some ballistix I will save my money and get another 2x1024 of the patriot 2-3-2-7 ram that I have now and try this board with 4x1024 at 1t using dividers. I have found that my x2 loves lower fsb ram at tighter timings than I high fsb with slower timings. Having 4GB @1t would be great for my video/audio edting/encoding. I guess I will wait to see what happens with this board so that I can see both the raid performance and the ram performance.