Just Wondering question: Dr.Divx & Dual Cores...

Hotshot

With my 3200+ I can run two Dr.Divx side by side while watching a movie fullscreen (750MB) without any lag (always need to change priorities). When I tried three my computer was extremely sluggish, and my video even lagged...

FYI - I do this because I often got a lot of video encoding I need to finish, so I start right one or two before I go to bed (2 is the max right now, or else my video will lag).

Anyone with an X2 3800+ willing to test and compare the result to a none dual core?

Ok, lets do the math...

If you can do two right now with a single core, that means you will do 4 or more with the dual. Where I come from that is considered more... If I am not mistaken you are from Canada too. Also the dual cores OC well.

I have NEVER been more impressed with a system. But I really dont care if you buy one or not. Thought I would let you know they rule, but if you dont want to believe me, no prob. There are many reasons they are called an X2 ,or Dual Cores.

Ok, lets do the math...

If you can do two right now with a single core, that means you will do 4 or more with the dual. Where I come from that is considered more... If I am not mistaken you are from Canada too. Also the dual cores OC well.

I have NEVER been more impressed with a system. But I really dont care if you buy one or not. Thought I would let you know they rule, but if you dont want to believe me, no prob. There are many reasons they are called an X2 ,or Dual Cores.

But who's to say those dual cores are not simple going to be limited to 2, but encoding will be running at double the speed?

Also, does AMD have the full license for SSE3? Can they add that to any new processor (I noticed it was added to there X2, and looks like it will be added to there other chips too.)

All the Venice and San Diego cores are SSE 3 equiped.

I understand what you are saying about the dual cores but the only thing that makes them different from two seperate cores is they share a memory controller. SO you can basically double what a single core can do untill the cores start fighting for bandwidth.

So. it can do double the encoding. :) Either two instances of DR.Divx faster, or 4 instances the same speed.

Nomad