3-4 Errors in memtest 86+ test #7 with 2gb ocz ram

6 errors in test number 7 can be heat.....test 7 errors do no indicate bad ram.

Prime is known to have issues with 2 cores....did you run them in the same folder? or separate ones?

I'm glad to hear that test 7 errors do not indicate bad ram :) actually i think that made my day. So i'm down to 3 errors, any further recommendations on bios settings to change based on the ones you gave me before?

When you say heat, you mean the ram is getting too hot? even with the copper heat spreaders or whatever on the ram? How can i cool them down? Also when i upped the chipset voltage yesterday as per your settings you suggested, i'm getting higher temp readings on the cpu and nf4 chipset in motherboard monitor? is this normal?

Regarding Prime, i made two seperate folders for each. When i had the faulty ocz ram a while back i used to always get that rounding error i posted before and could never actually an instance of prime at all.

cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you leave the FSB at 200 and set the 180 divider....it doesn't boot?

No I don't want you to run there, I just want you to try it....leave all the other bios settings the same.

Thanks

Ok, it worked with the 180 divider. It also works with the 150 and 166 dividers. With the 150 divider I'm able to get back up to 2400Mhz on the CPU - 266*9 while keeping memory at 200Mhz.

Seems fine so far but I can't get any lower divider to work!! I was at 289*9 (2.6Ghz) on the 140 (7/10) divider with my corsair. But this OCZ doesn't seem to work with anything lower than the 150 divider. I know it's not my CPU or board since they were doing ~ 290FSB for months before I installed the new memory.