USB 2.0 do not work, only USB 1.1

Hello,

When I connect a USB 2.0 device, I obtain the following message :

"HI-SPEED USB Device attached to non HI-SPEED Hub

The unknown usb device will function at reduced speed. You must add a HI-SPEED USB host controller to this computer to obtain maximum performance."

In the device manager, I have the following entries :

size.jpg

The "standard openHCD USB host controller" and "USB root hub" enable USB 1.1 only. I deleted them then rebooted. But Windows generates them automatically and all my devices are detected on them, and not on the USB 2.0 drivers.

I own Windows XP SP2. which are said to include USB 2.0 drivers.

Nvidia driver is the 6.66 version.

Really, I don't know how to solve this problem.

May someone help me, please ?

Thanks.

the disk that came with the motherboard should have drivers

there are probably instructions for installing it, but briefly, put the cd in, find the drivers, right click on the device then click update driver (or find it in properties if its not there) then click have disk and scroll to where the drivers are

select them and then finish the wizard

the disk that came with the motherboard should have drivers

there are probably instructions for installing it, but briefly, put the cd in, find the drivers, right click on the device then click update driver (or find it in properties if its not there) then click have disk and scroll to where the drivers are

select them and then finish the wizard

The PC did not find any drivers, even if I specify the folder in which the USB 2.0 drivers are located, on the original nf4 CD.

Finally, I found the solution : I deleted all the entries related to USB drivers in the device manager.

Then, in the control panel, I selected "add hardware". And Windows included both the "standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller " for USB 1.1 and "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller" for USB 2.0.

And when I connect a USB key, I no longer have the message, informing me that the device works at USB 1.1 bandwidth instead of USB 2.0 one.

I hope that that will help other people.

Thanks for your help nevertheless.

Finally, I found the solution : I deleted all the entries related to USB drivers in the device manager.

Then, in the control panel, I selected "add hardware". And Windows included both the "standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller " for USB 1.1 and "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller" for USB 2.0.

And when I connect a USB key, I no longer have the message, informing me that the device works at USB 1.1 bandwidth instead of USB 2.0 one.

I hope that that will help other people.

Thanks for your help nevertheless.

glad its sorted :)

so what happens if im running Windows XP Pro SP1 ? i need to install the USB 2.0 drivers from the CD ?

you do NOT need USB2.0 drivers if you are using Windows XP SP1 or later

do NOT install USB drivers if you ARE using SP1 or later.

a little reading does you some good...