Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

I currently have my 180 Opty @ 256 X 11 for a nice 2807, but it take 1.5 volts for both cores to be stable. Under full load ( 2 prime95 running ) she gets a little toasty at 52 celcius. Do you guys think that its running to hot or with too much voltage?

Burning in is a myth, one of which I myself fell into. The only thing "burning in" is good for is after you apply thermal grease it speeds up the process it takes to cure the application. No one has been able to prove the burning in theory from a scientific standpoint.

@ Supershanks, Ivan OS, Laydback

Thanx for input, guess I'm gonna wait with it then...I did honesly doubt myself but stranger things have happened.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: after some reading about I decided to make use of my common sense and do the "burning in" in short cycles.

I run CPU Burn-in for 30m min, turn the comp off and let it cool down (1 hour) and has repeted the procedure a few times and already I have gained 30mhz stable.

Using AS5 so I guess it is sinking in nicely :)

Its funny you say that when I first got my 148 I had wished I got the 146 or 144 (This was only because I got one with an unknown stepping CACJE). With that said, after almost three days of testing I am currenlty at 2.87GHz on 1.932v (RAM settings very low to isolate CPU) and things are very stable. I am priming right now with no error's, and ran SuperPI's 32m test 4x with no problems as well so this new stepping is performing very well for me.

1.9v in windows? thats almost 1.95v in bios right? or is this a typo. :nod:

what cooling are u using man. u could be killing that pooor chip. :angel:

Well guys, got my Opty 165 running on my Expert with the 2 x 1G Ballistix on a raid. All new build, got the pc p&c 510 asl just to ensure sufficient power. We'll see how this dual core opty goes.

Hey guys, is that really as common as it seems? I ran 2 opty's with my Redlines and I could use any divider I wanted with no ill effect. I used the 100MHz divider very often when I was testing the cpu.

Can anyone else reveal if their BH-5 or CH-5 had no divider issues?

I'm sure ix or Martin would have played with this ram at some point, mad scientists they are...

Funny you mention that. I just got some old school BH5, but only had one night to play with it before I had to leave town. I'm in sunny Arizona for Xmas, then off to Belize for the New Year, so won't be able to test that out for you until I get back to NYC around the fourth or fifth.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

Hey blinky,

That is the same stepping I got on my 148 (CACJE 0546). At the moment I have been testing since I got it and running at 2.915GHz and it's priming (Large FFT's) stable going on 14hours (Started last night)! Unfortunelty it's Christmas and I need to go to my parents house so I'll end the priming in about an hour of so. Because I am on water I don't want to leave my system on all day without me there. By the way I am still using the same voltage I started with 1.4v. Before starting prime95 last night I went through SuperPI a handfull of times @32m, again with no problems. Max temps so far are happening right now during the long run of prime (29C), I'm pretty happy with that! Once I get maxed out with it I will post screenies and test results so others can compare there CACJE 0546, I must say alot of people are having very good luck so far with this stepping!

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS, Thanks For All Your Help This Year!!!

Funny you mention that. I just got some old school BH5, but only had one night to play with it before I had to leave town. I'm in sunny Arizona for Xmas, then off to Belize for the New Year, so won't be able to test that out for you until I get back to NYC around the fourth or fifth.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

Lucky guy, wish I had the money to get some decent BH-5, probably wouldn't use it in my current sytem but I would love to test it and mess around, keep us posted on how it works out for you. By the way I am going over to your city to visit my brother on the 27th, lives in Chelsea 19th & 8th ave. )

have any of you bought the 144's off ebay? they have 0544 steppings all over the place.

Anyone overcclock one of the 144 0544's, I got an unopened one I am trying to sell and for the life of me can't get rid of it.

Can anyone pm me with a good source for 146 or 148's? perhaps a source a little off the beaten path (as in: not newegg! lol).. Perhaps a source that is knowledgeable enough to read me the stepping over the phone, or via email?

I really wish to build my new system next week, and I have every other piece of the rig, but I'm holding off until I find a decent opteron!

thanks ahead of time! (hoping to join the Opty OC club very soon!)

Anyone overcclock one of the 144 0544's, I got an unopened one I am trying to sell and for the life of me can't get rid of it.

why are you selling it? and how much? dibs.