Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Guest Timmay

My CPUZ isnt even working, it just shows my stock MHz (windows - my computer) shows 2.6 Ghz... but CPUz also shows my ram at 159Mhz, anyone got any ideas.

Guest laydback
My CPUZ isnt even working, it just shows my stock MHz (windows - my computer) shows 2.6 Ghz... but CPUz also shows my ram at 159Mhz, anyone got any ideas.

Are you using the 140mhz divider?

Apology to Suman and ix ... a post not really called for...

Always happy to help when I can.

Gentlemen, please stay on topic.

If you feel you must continue this battle of words, I respectfully request that you restrict such conversations to PM's.

Thank you.

Ok, now I'm really, really dissapointed in my VX. Two sticks, back from RMA, and both of them cannot handle voltage. Neither will do a full pass of memtest with any more than 3.4v. My 146 runs 100% stable at 2.7ghtz, but even just moving up to 2.8ghtz results in the VX running too fast, since it can't handle anymore voltage I have to change the ratio so that the VX runs slower, which is a huge problem because my 146 seems to have some problems with anything below the 166mhz/fsb ratio. Unfortuneatly, my 'good' pair of VX cannot do 250mhz, let alone agree with each other (one requires 3.4v for stability, the other wants 3.5v, and both are unstable if given the other voltage).

To be honest, I certainly wasn't expecting so many problems with OCing a 146. The ability to get high clockspeeds with relative ease is no good if dividers and memory speed prevent you from going above 2.7ghtz.

(Plus, I seem to have currupted a large amount of drivers trying to get stability at 2.9ghtz).

Edit: Audio and video plays WAY too fast, with audio quality being terrible.

Edit2: Oddly, after being unable to fix the audio distortion (despite trying just about everything), it seems to have fixed itself.

Apology to Suman and ix ... a post not really called for...

Likewise, I'm sorry too, was just in a bad mood and a bit frustrated with my Opty :( came to post here because apparently you are all the masters of DFI boards!

One thing I haven't tried playing around with yet is Drive strength... says in the guide only Sammy likes weak and everything else likes strong? I think mine is set to Weak 3 or something atm... will have a play and report back!

Thanks,

Suman

Just got a 144 CABNE 0540BPMW. searched the forums and found a warning in one thread not to get it (drat!)

is this stepping really that bad? if so, i'll probably have it replaced by either a CAB2E 148 05xx or a CAB2E 144 05xx or whichever is on stock with the seller... :(

Help me pleeez Is there a reason I ain't seein any Optygrab 150's on theze boreds ?

Not many at least

be straight with me,,,,,, I can take it. :( I still have about 5 days to take it back Lol..

MrDak,

What's wrong with your 150? I will get my 150 to water cooling in this Christmas holiday. Hope that we can share experience. Don't worry, 150 definitely will be giving you fun. No need to return for no reason. :P

I think the only reason your not seing so many is because many have had very good luck with the 144, 146, 148 which are all cheaper to begin with. There is certainly nothing wrong with the 150 but why pay more for the 150 when your practically guarenteed to hit well over 2.4Ghz with one of the cheaper processors? Almost like, why buy a 4000+ when you can almost be assured that a 3700 or 3800 will easily clock to 2.4? Plus over the last few weeks/months there has been a craze going on over the 144, 146, and 148 model opteron because of their steller reputation for easy overclocking! With that all said I would hold on to your 150 and see where it will go for you. I think you will be pleasently suprised! Keep up posted if you keep it as to how it does?

The 150, if it is a good stepping, will probably do much better than 144s and 146s when used with low speed, tight timing ram. Opterons seem to have alot of trouble with low dividers (like 140/200 or less). This doesn't seem to be a problem exclusive to Opterons though, its just that the most popular ones have 9x or 10x max multipliers and most if not all can hit somewhere near 3ghtz.

Currently, I wish I had paid a little extra to get a 148.