Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Suman leave the english pleb attitude out please.

As NCSA said reading and learning yourself is the best way to go about it, learning yourself answer's most the questions and you find out how your rig works and how to improve on it.

If you find this to hard like ncsa said or you have problems reading go buy a dell PC World would be the first place to start or better yet Dixons. Don't talk to other members like that especially ncsa as he has helped countless people and after 9 posts please WTF do you know, read & then post when you get stuck and I'm sure people will be able to help.

( STICKY IN THE AMD SECTION ON OVERCLOCKING ANSWERS IT ALL )

Telling someone to go buy a dell because they are asking questions is being a bit harsh, even if they cannot be bothered to look/search through this thread (even I gave up on reading all of it after the 26th page). I can understand the reactions against sumang, WAY too many people are asking questions that cannot be answered 100%, but its still not very nice to be so harsh on him/her.

I guess the point that should be made at the very begining of every OCing guide or tutorial should be that every single peice of hardware is different, and OCing is about experimentation rather than answers.

(BTW, what is 'english pleb' atitude? pleb is an abreviation for?)

Its also not very nice after 9 posts to lay into one of the most helpfull members here, he just needs to read and start testing himself asking someone else to do the work for him is lazy and most of all pointless for him because most don't have the same hardware.

Anyway boreing disussion & its honestly not worth the time talking about it, I have a Big T I got 3000Mhz @ 1.45 out of my Opty148 if you want to stick with air I would buy a panaflow that will bring temps down more. Also how long ago did you install it on the core?

Like any eforum, it is all about reading and searching to find leads and maybe even the answer you seek. Without being prepared to do the basics it will be hard for you to achieve the goal you are after. There are a number of BIOS versions and trying them will help you find which is the best for your setup. Search the OC Database and work through the Ultimate OC Guide for starters, then come and say what you have found and tried with current settings ... such as what BIOS version are you running now.. But if reading is really just too hard maybe a DELL would be better operationally for you. :cool:

RAM Guide

OC DB Corsair

hi ncsa, I feel really guilty now, I recommended suman to ask specifically about his problem over on this forum, he has been for ages completely stuck with his rig not managing to get his ram to work with his opteron and dfi board. please do not assume he has not even attempted to search for solutions, this is just not the case. I'm sure his response was out of pure frustration and anger at the name dell being ushered lol! I know how it feels when hours of tweaking gets you no results.

Ok, so thanks to DFI street I finally got my Opteron running. Specs are in my sig, and i got it to about 2.3 without raising voltages, and then i started pushing the voltage up. I got it to 2.7, and i can't go past that because the atapi.sys file gets corrupt, so it can't boot :(

Also, when both the Opteron and the 6800GS are overclocked (541/1.23 ;) ) the computer will lock up at the end of AM3...do you think my power supply is causing this? :confused:

here it is running at 2.79

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/794/untitled7vt.jpg

Hi I was wondering if this meant anything, In CPUZ My opteron 150 in the top column on the cpu page says,,Opteron 150 (UP) wtf ?

also , unfortunately I got the dern CABGE steppings ~~~~ Its an OEM the one @ the egg for 311.00.

I don't plan to push it too far, since I just did replace my AN8 with the DFI and my 4000+ SD with this Opteron, but on 1.4v using pc3500 OCZ gamer GX I'm runnin smooth at 2605.

I didn't check load temps yet but idle is 28 - 30c with my Zalman, and Im just running my memory at 217mhz. Any suggestions on taking it up to maybe 2700 ? I want to keep this chip a while you know ! Should I return the Cabbage chip while I still can ?

should I have bought retail ? Is this enough questions for 1 post ? LoL :nod:

thanks guys...

Hi I was wondering if this meant anything, In CPUZ My opteron 150 in the top column on the cpu page says,,Opteron 150 (UP) wtf ?

(UP) = Uniproccessor. Only one CPU's per motherboard. All 1xx are uniprocessors. i.e. you can't put 2 1xx chips in a dual socket motherboard and expect it to work.

The first number = number of chips per motherboard

2xx = 2 way

4xx = 4 way

8xx = 8 way

All these are labelled Opteron xxx (MP) , MP = Multiprocessor.

This refers to the physical chips not the number of cores.

XBitlabs have recently had one dual core Opteron 875 on test, which if you had sufficient cash you could have a system with 16 CPU cores :drool:

Opteron 146 OEM on order from Scan UK. Might be here tomorrow or early next week. :nod:

(UP) = Uniproccessor. Only one CPU's per motherboard. All 1xx are uniprocessors. i.e. you can't put 2 1xx chips in a dual socket motherboard and expect it to work.

The first number = number of chips per motherboard

2xx = 2 way

4xx = 4 way

8xx = 8 way

All these are labelled Opteron xxx (MP) , MP = Multiprocessor.

This refers to the physical chips not the number of cores.

XBitlabs have recently had one dual core Opteron 875 on test, which if you had sufficient cash you could have a system with 16 CPU cores :drool:

Opteron 146 OEM on order from Scan UK. Might be here tomorrow or early next week. :nod:

Slight nitpicks: you can put a socket 940 1xx into a dual or more CPU motherboard and it will work. Alone, of course. There are no 4xx chips.