Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Guest laydback
the rules firmly state you are to use Prime95...nowhere in the rules does it designate a substitute for Prime95 so everyone needs to follow the rules and use Prime95 if they want any entries to be kept in the DB.

the ONLY entry that does use a substitute is Rgone's entry and he is allowed to because he is Rgone and an administrator here and old dudes like that don't take kindly to being told to use something they are not wanting to use.

So unless you are Rgone, you will have to follow the rules and use Prime95.

Thanks dude, I hope you didn't think I was fighting the rule, simply wanted a clarification. Happy holidays.

Guest laydback
Hey Laydback,

I owe you a big thanks dude!

The timings you posted in your sig rock the boat on my rig! :)

"05:06-enable-1.5-3-6-3-7-14-2-2-2-2-3168-1-enabled-auto-0-7-1-8-fast-5.5-16-enable-16x-7x-Disable"

I had things pretty stable, but I still got a stop error once in a while and I couldn't find the problem. Decided to try your settings and no more stop errors. :D

The bizarre thing is that the timings are tighter, I was able to drop Vmem, and now it's ultra stable. These Opties are TOTALLY different in the timings they like vs. the Sandy 4000+ I had.

I don't get it, but I sure do like it! :)

Thanks for posting up your settings! :toast: (Why are we missing some smilies around here?)

Dont mention it, although my settings have changed as I continue to burn in and raise my clock, I am pleased they helped you out. I suggest you use one of the valuable features included with this great board, cmos reloaded, to save your current settings and continue to tweak on...

Guest akahai
Opty 146 currently available at:

rlsupplies.co.uk

stock levels give 5 x CABNE 0545 and 10 x CACJE 0546 available.

Does anyone know how good are the CACJE ones?

I will read and understand the forum rules before posting again.

CACJE are'nt great overclockers their slightly better than CABGE, the norm OC is around 2.8 to 2.7 which is'nt bad by any meens but in Opteron terms its not great.

Did any of you guys who used the nf3 ultra-d board have to flash the bios with something newer before the opteron would work? Or is it fine with stock?

I will read and understand the forum rules before posting again.

Thanks dude, I hope you didn't think I was fighting the rule, simply wanted a clarification. Happy holidays.

nah man, Thunda just asked me to come in here and clarify the rules for you guys so I found a suitable post asking about other prime programs and quoted it ;)

I've got my Opteron CABYE 0540 FPMW about to go in the OC DB @ 275x10 with Ballistix 2x1024MB...got to get the rest of the tests done then I am gonna go for 3Ghz with it (though it will more than likely have to be on a divider as I haven't been able to get my Ballistix to do 300 (DDR600) yet)

Hey Guys,

Well I just got my first Opty delivered about an hour ago. I got the 148 Retail version with the following stepping:

CACJE 0546APAW

I havn't installed it yet because I have a few questions to ask you about. First of all, I bought it from new**g.com as a Retail Box version but when I got it today I noticed right off that the model number (OSA148DAA5BN) is the model number for the OEM version even though the CPU came in Retail Box with heatsink and fan. Now I have a few options here, I called new**g.com and told them about the discrepency and they will happily RMA it and ship me the actual retail version CPU (OSA148BNBOX) and they will even pay for overnight Fed-Ex delivery and pickup. I suppose the only reason I would do that is in hopes that I might get one with better known steppings (CAYBE, CABNE, etc..) or better manufacturing date.

I could also just keep it, the only difference I know of between the Retail and OEM verions is a very small price difference ($7). I was hoping to get some comments, suggestions, or advice on what to do here. I sold my current 3700+ San Deigo so that I could get this processor so I am hoping it will be an upgrade not the other way around!

Last but not least do any of you guys know anything about the stepping on my new CPU (CACJE 0546), good or bad? I have 14 days to RMA it so maybe I should just plug it in and see how it works, that is the only sure way to know! Thanks for you help and time everyone!

Guest laydback
Hey Guys,

Well I just got my first Opty delivered about an hour ago. I got the 148 Retail version with the following stepping:

CACJE 0546APAW

I havn't installed it yet because I have a few questions to ask you about. First of all, I bought it from new**g.com as a Retail Box version but when I got it today I noticed right off that the model number (OSA148DAA5BN) is the model number for the OEM version even though the CPU came in Retail Box with heatsink and fan. Now I have a few options here, I called new**g.com and told them about the discrepency and they will happily RMA it and ship me the actual retail version CPU (OSA148BNBOX) and they will even pay for overnight Fed-Ex delivery and pickup. I suppose the only reason I would do that is in hopes that I might get one with better known steppings (CAYBE, CABNE, etc..) or better manufacturing date.

I could also just keep it, the only difference I know of between the Retail and OEM verions is a very small price difference ($7). I was hoping to get some comments, suggestions, or advice on what to do here. I sold my current 3700+ San Deigo so that I could get this processor so I am hoping it will be an upgrade not the other way around!

Last but not least do any of you guys know anything about the stepping on my new CPU (CACJE 0546), good or bad? I have 14 days to RMA it so maybe I should just plug it in and see how it works, that is the only sure way to know! Thanks for you help and time everyone!

Search is your friend.

Guest laydback
nah man, Thunda just asked me to come in here and clarify the rules for you guys so I found a suitable post asking about other prime programs and quoted it ;)

I've got my Opteron CABYE 0540 FPMW about to go in the OC DB @ 275x10 with Ballistix 2x1024MB...got to get the rest of the tests done then I am gonna go for 3Ghz with it (though it will more than likely have to be on a divider as I haven't been able to get my Ballistix to do 300 (DDR600) yet)

Yea, I could easily do DDR600 with my Venice. Not the case with my optys. I haven't even been able to stabilize the 7/10 divider (180mhz). But Im still happy with the 5/6 (166mhz) because it allows me tighter timings with lower vdimm. I am still puzzled why 2.5cas would need more voltage. For example if I set my ram to 2.5-4-4-8 vs 2-3-3-6 with the same divider system becomes unstable without at least 3.1v. Is this normal for TCCD?

Good suggestion laydback, I did try that but with my limited experince I only got minimal hits on the stepping so I was trying to see if anyone had any addition thoughts on it. I'll keep looking, thanks again.

I am still puzzled why 2.5cas would need more voltage. For example if I set my ram to 2.5-4-4-8 vs 2-3-3-6 with the same divider system becomes unstable without at least 3.1v. Is this normal for TCCD?

That's weird, and opposite to what I've experienced with tccd.

I've found 2cas needed more vdimm than 2.5cas for my Ultra-X and One.

Can't comment on the FC because I haven't tested cas2, but with the Geil One it liked DDR600 @ 2.5-4-3-7 @ 2.6v, yet DDR490 @ 2-3-3-6 needed 2.9v!