Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Guest edge929

Opteron 148

CABYE 0542 @ 2.9Ghz 1.52VCore

24/7 stable, 44 idle/ 50 load on air (K8 Silentboost)

Passes SuperPi 8M (currently Primeing). A 700mhz OC for $220 bucks, sign me up all day. Who needs an FX57 for $1000+ (as of 12/19/2005).

Highest OC I've achieved on air in 5 years. Woot AMD! :nod:

UPDATE: Got this from Newegg last week. Others who ordered BEFORE me got 0543 steppings, but I got an 0542, either way they're all good. Passes Prime95 for 8 hours+. Trying for ~3Ghz+ tonight, will post back with screens.

Hey three6, did you happen to get that 148 CABYE 0543 at Newegg, was about to get one

last week but got a notice on a 165 up at Monarch so I got that instead and its sitting at home right now.

Guest Niki

Hey everyone, What's yours current temps with OC'd opterons.

Can u write here, cpu type, cooler, Clocks, and temps.

My specs:

CAB2E 0545MPMW 148 @ 265x11, 1,59v IHS on.

Asetek Watercool (2x120mm fans @ 7v) Artic Silver 5.

idle ~36'c, 100% load ~50-52'c.

DFI SLI-DR 623-3 Bios.

Hey everyone, What's yours current temps with OC'd opterons.

Can u write here, cpu type, cooler, Clocks, and temps.

My specs:

CAB2E 0545MPMW 148 @ 265x11, 1,59v IHS on.

Asetek Watercool (2x120mm fans @ 7v) Artic Silver 5.

idle ~36'c, 100% load ~50-52'c.

DFI SLI-DR 623-3 Bios.

Both in exact rig in my sig. Thermaltake Big Typhoon w/ stock fan that came with it(going to replace). And AS5. Both with IHS on.

148 CABYE 0540FPBW @ 256x11(2816MHz) 1.45v 48c-49c hours small FFT

148 CABNE 0528GPMW @ 256x11(2816MHz) 1.45v 45c-46c hours small FFT

(148 CABNE 0528 GPMW now finally sold, so its "up on blocks". Not in use.)

Both chips at 1.45v only to protect them from my Redlines' voltage.

This should be a good example of these two great steppings in the exact same rig, OC, voltage, and HSF. Ambient was very simmilar if not the same. CABYE 0540 temps measured after seven(7) days of AS5 "settle in". CABNE 0528 temps were recorded after at least two weeks "settle in".

Ugly

Im just telling you what I was told by ThUnDa soon after I posted an entry, I even pointed out to him that there were other entries that were SP2004 but my entry was still deleted. So I guess we need a clarification on this specific rule.

Angry? Rgone?

the rules firmly state you are to use Prime95...nowhere in the rules does it designate a substitute for Prime95 so everyone needs to follow the rules and use Prime95 if they want any entries to be kept in the DB.

the ONLY entry that does use a substitute is Rgone's entry and he is allowed to because he is Rgone and an administrator here and old dudes like that don't take kindly to being told to use something they are not wanting to use.

So unless you are Rgone, you will have to follow the rules and use Prime95.

Angry, I love the way you lay down the law here...It's awesome.

Anyhow,

It turns out that EdLSmith is my neighbor, he's just 10 minutes away. This man is extremely helpfull too. A big thanks to Ed

I'm going to have my NF4 Ultra-D here tomorrow..Does anyone know what steppings newegg has been shipping with the opti 150 OEM ? I need to order one ,,,, like today.

and thanks again Angry.

Guest Spartacus

Hey Laydback,

I owe you a big thanks dude!

The timings you posted in your sig rock the boat on my rig! :)

"05:06-enable-1.5-3-6-3-7-14-2-2-2-2-3168-1-enabled-auto-0-7-1-8-fast-5.5-16-enable-16x-7x-Disable"

I had things pretty stable, but I still got a stop error once in a while and I couldn't find the problem. Decided to try your settings and no more stop errors. :D

The bizarre thing is that the timings are tighter, I was able to drop Vmem, and now it's ultra stable. These Opties are TOTALLY different in the timings they like vs. the Sandy 4000+ I had.

I don't get it, but I sure do like it! :)

Thanks for posting up your settings! :toast: (Why are we missing some smilies around here?)