Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Dividers are an issue with a lot of people on all kinds of processors. So don't feel too badly. I have not seen a good explanation why they do or do not work.

Got my opteron 144 today, was proper pissed when i saw the stepping; the infamous CABYE. Thinking i had just thrown money in the wastebin i started up the comp with it.. after 6 hours and still on stock voltage i'm running 2.8ghz 2h OCCT stable. Bad oc'er? In terms of opterons perhaps, but i'm satisfied :]

cabye isnt a bad stepping, you trying oc a cabge (cabbage) highest mine will go on stock V is 2.4ghz and need 1.65V to run @ 2.9ghz

cabye isnt a bad stepping, you trying oc a cabge (cabbage) highest mine will go on stock V is 2.4ghz and need 1.65V to run @ 2.9ghz

QFT.

Got my opteron 144 today, was proper pissed when i saw the stepping; the infamous CABYE. Thinking i had just thrown money in the wastebin i started up the comp with it.. after 6 hours and still on stock voltage i'm running 2.8ghz 2h OCCT stable. Bad oc'er? In terms of opterons perhaps, but i'm satisfied :]

where'dcha get urs from?

Ah thanks for the info, i was under the impression it was the cabye that was the black sheep.

And jester a local seller :)

gimme all your CABGes cabbages

ill take them and stir fry and eat them craps.

haha, running mine at 2.7 which is between fx55 & 57 & faster than most 512kb chips :nod:

not a bad way to spend £120 :P