Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

I got my 146 CABYE last week
Could you tell us what the remaining letters and numbers are (ie 0540APMW or whatever)?
I'm currently running 280x10 for 2.8ghz using a 7/10 ram divider (ram at stock 200mhz).
Good idea. Removes memory from the equation.
The CPU is 29-30c idle and 30-31c under load. The system is 28-29c. I have the bios set at 1.475v but the BIOS Reading as well as SmartGuardian/CPUz show 1.42-1.44v for the actual power level.
Nice and cool. Looks good.
I'm using a 3x hypertransport so it's running at only 840mhz but I'm only in the initial stages and haven't tweaked anything really.
This is not part of the Calculus - keep it under 1000 and you'll be happy; don't fret over how close. Looks like you are off to a great start.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the hypertransport (LDT/FSB), to a lower multi, helps reduce the memory controller as a stability issue when finding the max oc of the cpu. You won't get lower temps.

does the hypertransport make much difference in anyway?

im running my cabge 144 @ 9x300 and the hypertransport is still on default, will it reduce temps if i drop it back to 3x?

A 300fsb with default ldt/fsb is WAY to much. Didn't you read the OC guide?

nope, i just keep going till its unstable lol

no honestly, i thought it wasnt much of an issue as ive never had any problems, best restart and lower it to 3 :D

A LDT/FSB ratio of 3x will have you for sure good until 333 FSB and usually a bit further :) your good, man

You should put the steppings of your Opteron in your sig, you certainly don't have to but I like to see others flying the Opteron flag :D Plus anyone with the same steppings could see your results and compare.

You should put the steppings of your Opteron in your sig... anyone with the same steppings could see your results and compare.
What he said.

On an unrelated topic...

I just took a calculated risk. It has proved to be true that early releases of Opterons did better than more recent ones. When Monarch got their OEM's, the first few sent out were CABNE's - though their retails were not, nor were the later shipments of OEM's. So it stands to reason that Monarch got a batch of early OEM's. I called them today and they told me they had only sold 10, leading me to hope that they are still in that early batch. With that in mind, and given that I recently saw a 180 doing 2.8GHz at 1.344V, I just pulled the trigger on a 175 OEM. May be here this week, in which case you should look for some dual core results as soon as this weekend. Wish me luck...

Has anyone received a Retail Box 148 and/or 150 939 opteron from Monarch in the last few days and if so what stepping was received???

Thanks

ViperJohn

I'll let ya know as soon as mine gets here (a 150)...whenever that might be. Ordered last Friday. Don't know how good Monarch is about getting shipments out the door...hope it aint a drag butt affair...

I'll let ya know as soon as mine gets here (a 150)...whenever that might be. Ordered last Friday. Don't know how good Monarch is about getting shipments out the door...hope it aint a drag butt affair...

Did you order from The Egg or The Arc??? You mentioned The Egg in one of your posts.

I've purchased from Monarch many times and have always found them prompt with their order handling and shipping.

Viper

Guest laydback

Anyone having a hell of a time passing prime? I can run 32m PI no problem. But when I try OCCT or Prime is fails instantly. My temps never go over 50c under full load. I have no problems gaming for however long I want. I tested voltages with a DMM and there's no fluctuation. 12v stays at 12.20 3.3 at 3.4 and 5.0 at 5.50. Turning up vcore doesn't help. Currently giving vcore 1.50 vdimm 3.1 ldt 1.3 chipset 1.6.

size.jpg

Did you order from The Egg or The Arc??? You mentioned The Egg in one of your posts.

I've purchased from Monarch many times and have always found them prompt with their order handling and shipping.

Viper

Monarch...first time I've ordered from them...