Sign in to follow this  
ixtapalapaquetl

Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

I have my nF4 now and have gotten a good enough grasp of it over the last couple days to put up some initial results (see first post). I'm still learnnig, and may improve some as I beome more familiar with the intricacies of the BIOS settings. Most notably, while my memory will fly at read preamble of 4.5, I have not been able to stabilize it at 7.5 at high frequencies. This may be limiting my overclock, but may not. Time and tweaking will tell.

I moved my nF3 results to post #3 for those who are interested in comparing the two boards. My general impressions are that the nF3 did a great job, and that the nF4 has not led to dramatic improvements. The main differences between the two rigs are the use of an X800 versus an 7800GT, and 2T timings versus 1T.

I have my nF4 now and have gotten a good enough grasp of it over the last couple days to put up some initial results (see first post). I'm still learnnig, and may improve some as I beome more familiar with the intricacies of the BIOS settings. Most notably, while my memory will fly at read preamble of 4.5, I have not been able to stabilize it at 7.5 at high frequencies. This may be limiting my overclock, but may not. Time and tweaking will tell.

I moved my nF3 results to post #3 for those who are interested in comparing the two boards. My general impressions are that the nF3 did a great job, and that the nF4 has not led to dramatic improvements. The main differences between the two rigs are the use of an X800 versus an 7800GT, and 2T timings versus 1T.

If your GSKill FF's TCCD then your should be using bios 510-2Fix, then follow my timings in above post in 64 tweaker. I've tried many different bios's and this kicks all butt. :)

nice but how come the top 1's 1.42V and the bottom 1.488V ?

I tried playing around with PI first before i actually Prime it finding its sweet Vcore :D

Yeah, that would be an example of an insane clock! Nice chip you got there. Just curious, do you run your system on the vapochill day to day or just for benching? Also, what is the highest you got prime stable?

PS - DDaniel just posted a 3.7 CPUZ verified shot at xtremesystems on a prommy. Note to self: must resist urge to skip H2O and go directly to extreme cooling!

Okay, you guys got my adrenelin flowing and just ordered a 150 Opteron 939. I'll keep the board warm with my X2 while I wait patiently for Monarch to ship it. I intend to cool with air but I'll use the VanTec Tornado to stir the air up good. I started to order the 152 but $815 and I might want to go Extreme. I hope it's a good one. I guess I'll check to see if someone wants this 4200 Manchester. Might recoup a couple of bucks.

i sold my 144 and waiting on 165 on order :D....i'll post some scores when i get it

that 3.5GHz 1m time is great.....good work :)

I got my 146 CABYE last week from eWiz.com and here is my progress right now. I'm currently running 280x10 for 2.8ghz using a 7/10 ram divider (ram at stock 200mhz). The CPU is 29-30c idle and 30-31c under load. The system is 28-29c. I have the bios set at 1.475v but the BIOS Reading as well as SmartGuardian/CPUz show 1.42-1.44v for the actual power level. I'm using a 3x hypertransport so it's running at only 840mhz but I'm only in the initial stages and haven't tweaked anything really.

These things are pretty cool. Not bad for $206 :)