Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

What voltage are you puttin to the CPU? Have you installed AMD's Dual-Core Optimizer and AMD Dual Core Processor Driver?

That's smokin hot for being under water. IHS might have a bad seat on the core.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Indred

Voltage was stock and it was so unstable i tried to bump it to like 1.4v but didn't help. I did install the Dual core optimizer and I'm pretty sure i did the processer driver.

So your running at stock settings and still can't get stable - plus a 60C CPU temp being cooled by H2O? Where are you getting this temp from?

Have you tested the memory with memtest86, are these timing in auto or manual set?

Another thing it could be is u need a bios update. I'm not sure but some bios might not run a dual core. Maybe someone could help us here. The more I think about it I would really check into this. Might just want to try an update to a newer bios. I run the 04/06/2006 and have had great success with it.

Guest Indred

I use speed fan (current version) to get the temp readings. I actually ran memtest86 last night with no errors :confused: . The only thing that has changed was the CPU from my old system that was rock solid. I know it sounds like it could be ram but I feel I've rulled that out. The timmings right now are Auto and I believe they are correct but I could try to set them manual. Timmings for the memory that is. I guess I could try a BIOS update to see if it helps any but i know the version i have now supports dual core and it has the adjustment for temp offset so I can make it + or - 15C or so...I'm really puzzled with this and its getting on my nurves. Thanks for your help!!!:sad: :sad:

Maybe try a different temp program, see if it reads the same. If it passed memtest then I would leave the timings where they're @. You’re probably right about the BIOS.

You mentioned a second PSU. Did you try it and get the same results?

Did you do a full OS install or a CPU swap?

Guest Indred

Sorry for the delay, I did a CPU swap and when I used my second PSU to power my 5 harddrives and water pump it would still freez on me so it leaves me to believe that it is not the PSU. I am actually in the process of upgrading to Vista so I'm going to do a fresh format and reinstall but there arnt any drivers for my RAID 0 so i have to reinstall XP to get the data :mad: But If all things go as planed I'll get XP installed copy my stuff format the 2 drives then continue to Vista. And that will be the end of my problem. Assuming that my harddrives MBR's will stop acting up.......

• 1 month later...

I have a really weird problem with my setup. I had it stable for a OCDB entry @ 335x9 at 1.544 Volts. Temps were good no problems. Right around when i put the raid 0 in i started getting random freezes and reboots. Someone suggested the power supply so i bought the PSU in my sig and it does the same thing still hangs and reboots, I am really confused.

Now i have it stable, it was a problem with my OC. I really want to fix it. I have it at what i have in my sig. It will not stop freezing and rebooting if i raise the Vcore above stock at all. And putting my ram on a lower divider so it runs under speed doesnt help. So why wont my Opty take any voltage bump at all.

• 1 month later...

aparently most people on here with dfi nf4 mobos aren't having incompatability probs with there optys. im running an DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D with a opteron 185, and everything works great, exept any games i attempt to run, hl2, bf2142, cs:s... they all crash in the menu screen or loading screen, amd told me it was because its a dfi board, ive also updated the bios and still no luck. any thoughts?

ive tried it, but it didnt change anything, but ive also read that the optomizer is not for opteron cpus, some have even said that it can't hurt your preformance on an opteron.

btw if your mobo is the same as mine, could you tell me where you got your bios?