Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my opteron 144 today, was proper pissed when i saw the stepping; the infamous CABYE. Thinking i had just thrown money in the wastebin i started up the comp with it.. after 6 hours and still on stock voltage i'm running 2.8ghz 2h OCCT stable. Bad oc'er? In terms of opterons perhaps, but i'm satisfied :]

heheheh

mine is a CABYE Opteron 144 0536GPMW

i just realised i did a faster time the other day on 166 divider.....it was a cold night tho heheh..........it is a bit strange the way this setup is acting with dividers.......i must say i was much happier with Abit in terms of that

8M SuperPI at 2956MHz....didn't really need all that vcore....i had it that high cause i was playing with higher speed 1M times

fastest8msuperpitime5m10375s0m.jpg

His point is that he and some others dont give a "****" about super pi, since it has to 100% stable, otherwise it is not worthy of being watched by the elitists.

I on the other hand find it impressive, keep it up :)

Superpi stable vs. Prime stable is on the whole a cultural difference between dfi-street and xtremesystems. dinos22 is a regular over there, so naturally he will post his 32M time, as do I when using xtremesystems. Here, users are generally more interested in seeing prime stability, so I post Prime shots. That's all. If possible, let's not let this degenerate into Prime vs. Superpi - there are better places for that. Thanks for the results dinos22. Keep them coming.

people do know that we dont give a hoot about 1m pi here right?

well i happily got myself a 146 cabge and a 148 cabge

now if i can only find myself a 144 cabne

His point is that he and some others dont give a "****" about super pi, since it has to 100% stable, otherwise it is not worthy of being watched by the elitists.
Superpi stable vs. Prime stable is on the whole a cultural difference between dfi-street and xtremesystems. dinos22 is a regular over there, so naturally he will post his 32M time, as do I when using xtremesystems. Here, users are generally more interested in seeing prime stability, so I post Prime shots. That's all.

yeah seems like there is a difference there.........i say this to people.....DON"T OVERCLOCK if you want 10000000% stability.........run it at stock because 1MHz over stock speed you are playing with fire....oooohhh....seriously what a grandma and grandpa idea......i've been OCing for a while and i use my PC for work, play, video projects editing/enconding, surfing, benching, ....you name it and it's always to the max....the only way it should be............when you go on for months without any problems that's a stable system so i think some of these kids signed up to the wrong thread .....go the the stock section.......i'm sure there's one around here somewhere.....what a joke :rolleyes: ........

Pi is great for showing speed but carp for demonstrating stability so the viewer can interpret what they see. It's the best thing for seeing how to dial in faster ram of course you have to balance that by prime to make sure you haven't farked it up.

Hey ix is that the 3.2ghz on air chip you're selling? Was that at all stable?

anyone know the lowest price for a opteron 146 socket 939? i'd prefer it to be in box not oem.
They are difficult to come by right now regardless of OEM or retail. A quick Froogle showed this, but these CPU's are vaporware at the moment. My guess would be early November for the next shipments, but I know that many have preordered, and thus many are already spoken for.