Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Man, thats pretty awesome I'd say. And from a CAB2E!

240 for the mem is good too, 255-260 is awesome.

I wish I could figure out my memory, having a problem getting it past 210. I've had it at 240 with the old cpu, but can't duplicate that for some reason. I'm living with a dicider now, but shouldn't my ram be able to do 240? And more? It's exact model is OCZ400512ELPE and is either Model Vitelic or Infineon. I can't seem to find a definate answer to the ICs it uses, one list also stated it could be TCB3/Other.

I think those OCZ need around 2.7 volts to get them any higher. I'd suggest first running memtest and see if there are any errors. Next I'd bump the voltage up from 2.6 -> 2.7 and see if you're able to move the speed up. And I'd definately loosen up the timings. Try for a 3-3-3-8 and move it 5mhz higher and run memtest for at least one whole loop and see if any errors show. If there are no errors bump it up 5mhz more. keep going until you get an error.

I'll try to post some screenies later on after some tweaking my memory and processor. Maybe I'll do a 3ghz 1mil superpi and then lower it down, lol. Don't want to fry it yet.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech

Nicely done Before and Knob!

LOL Before, I keep expecting your next screenshot to have "after" written on it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips Taco, I'm going to work on it some tonight. I've tried notching the volts up all the way to 2.8 with no luck, but I don't think I've loosened the timings that much. I'll give it another shot tonight and tomorrow and see what I come up with.

I have a new 2gb kit, OCZ GX XTC, and I want to get somewhere with these plats before I make the switch. I'm keeping the plats as spare. I need the 2gb kit for BF2.

Ya Hooooooo!

I just got my 1st Opteron 146 today

It's a CACJE 0607 APBW

Boxe Retail for $163.88 shipped, two days after I ordered the price went up $80

Maybe I'll run her at stock speed?

Ya for about one day

Then I'll OC the snot out of it :eek:

Guest LithoTech

Woot Snowpro, that is one sweet price! Street prices in my area are in the $260 range, maybe a little less. One Canadian website has it for $240.

I'd say you did well! Now lets see some snot ooze out like goop! :nod:

Guest akahai
Ya Hooooooo!

I just got my 1st Opteron 146 today

It's a CACJE 0607 APBW

Boxe Retail for $163.88 shipped, two days after I ordered the price went up $80

Maybe I'll run her at stock speed?

Ya for about one day

Then I'll OC the snot out of it :eek:

I got the same stepping, OEM though. FSB went up to 270mhz on stock voltage before Super PI fail, did not try any higher.

Woot Snowpro, that is one sweet price! Street prices in my area are in the $260 range, maybe a little less. One Canadian website has it for $240.

I'd say you did well! Now lets see some snot ooze out like goop! :nod:

Some prices in US are just as High

I gettin Ooze :eek2: