Can't run 2x512 in Dual Channel

Runs fine with one stick of XMS 512mb in DDR2

When I try to put a matching stick in DDR4 it won't post. Just gives a series of intermittent beeps. Any ideas? Running ram at stock settings.

2x512MB Corsair XMS (Rev3.2 and Rev4.2).

I would bet money thats your problem.. the different revisions usually indicate the ram chips are different.. Mixing sticks will normally cause this problem.. I would email corsair and maybe you can rma them so they can replace them with matching revisions..

I dunno -

I ran both of these sticks dual channel on my old system (NF7-S v2 2500+ XP Barton) without a hitch.

I'm using BIOS 6/23-1

Also - They run fine Single channel...is it worth the x2 ram but running in single channel?

Any settings I should check in the bios when trying to do Dual-Channel?

Thanks for the quick replies!

I ran both of these sticks dual channel on my old system (NF7-S v2 2500+ XP Barton) without a hitch.!

What might have worked on another mobo might not on this one.. DFI boards are very good but picky as to what type of components you put on them..

Does each stick work by themselves ?

EDIT..

Forget my question above..I overlooked the part where you said they work in SC.

Do you have another set of ram that is matching to just try ?

Nope, I sure don't. So should I run 2x512 single channel?

Well.. Only other thing I can think of is trying a different bios but I dont think that will help.. Ive seen this many times when sticks dont match.. Its just a hit or miss if they will work..

The reason I mentioned to rma is that a friend of mine had the same problem on a socket 754 mobo .. Corsair rma'd him back two sticks that had matching revisions and his system has been stable since then..

Do both sticks have the same SPD timings ? ( stock timings )

Yes. They're the exact same product from Newegg, just ordered at two different times. (about 6mos in between).

So your saying, if I can't get both sticks running Dual Channel, I *should* go single? (I would think 2x the ram is worth Single channel)

When you get a chance.. Boot to windows with both sticks installed in single channel and load up cpuz .. Then click the SPD tab and it will display the SPD memory timings programed into each ram stick.. Post that back..

In your situation if you dont want to rma then you dont have much of a choice to run single channel..

EDIT..

This is where you need to look..

untitled4eq.jpg

Hmm....can't even run single channel 2x512 now. I could with the stock bios. Now when I try, it just hangs/freezes after "Testing Memory: 1025mb okay"

However it will run with either stick in DDR2.

Im currently running:

CPU/10

2.5 CAS

4 RAS2CAS

4 RASPre

7 Tras

7 Trc

256 DRAM Idle Timer

1T Timings (CPC on)

Maybe I'll try the 704-BTA bios......?