Thanks, and 1 Issue

I just finished assembly of everything in my sig. with absolutely no problems whatsover. I spent the time I waited for shipping to go over this forum for advice. I followed the suggested procedures on assembly and bootup, and am happy to report everything went perfect. Loaded the new drivers, made some adjustments, and was playing Joint Ops all within 30 minutes. Man this thing flies compared to my NForce 2 and Gforce 4200.

I just wanted to thank everyone in the forums for the great instructions. I've got the FSB at 220 so far with no problems. One issue is that after playing BF2 for a while(which runs like butta), the computer is lagging after I exit the game. I've been told that it could be a swap file issue(set at 1500). I'm at work now and just testing the water to see if anyone has ideas.

Once again, I would like to offer my appreciation for the time that was spent to put this great info in this forum.

Set your swap file to whatever your physical memory is, if you have 1gig, set it to 1024 etc. What you have to do though, set it to 0, save it and reboot, Now set it to 1024, save and reboot. If it lags it's cause you either have the settings in game on HIGH, although the game itself should lag, or it's cause some part of BF2 isn't shutting down when it should. Check your running processes to see if that's the case.

OCZ 2x512 Gold PC3200 OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K

Using a 32-bit OS like XP,

set page/swap file to a max of 3X the RAM to a total max combined of 4GB for multitasking.

In your case 3GB for page/swap file.

For gaming set to the min allowed, usually 2K. The smallest possible for gaming.

In all cases set to a fixed size (min = max = same)

You need at least 1GB RAM & 2GB is MUCH better!

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

I just finished assembly of everything in my sig. with absolutely no problems whatsover. I spent the time I waited for shipping to go over this forum for advice. I followed the suggested procedures on assembly and bootup, and am happy to report everything went perfect. Loaded the new drivers, made some adjustments, and was playing Joint Ops all within 30 minutes. Man this thing flies compared to my NForce 2 and Gforce 4200.

I just wanted to thank everyone in the forums for the great instructions. I've got the FSB at 220 so far with no problems. One issue is that after playing BF2 for a while(which runs like butta), the computer is lagging after I exit the game. I've been told that it could be a swap file issue(set at 1500). I'm at work now and just testing the water to see if anyone has ideas.

Once again, I would like to offer my appreciation for the time that was spent to put this great info in this forum.

this just happens dude

i think its just ea's code isnt too good

that lagg is while the game closes and ure memory is cleared, if u had 2gb of ram it probably would take less tiem cos ure swap file wouldnt need to be cleared also

just live with it :P its not a big deal, the game closes in about a minuite