Sign in to follow this  
njswift10141980

Questions that you've been asked in real life

What is the most embarrassing, stupid, or bizare question that you have been asked. I would have to say mine is from my one friend and it was "can you change the ink cartridge on my printer because I don't know how" :shake: (at the time I had the same printer). I was shocked as hell, here I am after I put my own computer together and he couldn't evan change the ink for his printer. So what about the rest of you?

I was asked by a complete stranger in the grocery store why I have that crap on my body, then told my body is gods temple and he didnt intend for me to cover it in crap.

Her refering to my tattoos, and crap being the nicer word for what she said.

i had someone ask me where the print cartridges go, turns out they took the cover off their pc thinking it was the printer :D.

another time my grandma came and asked me how to change the channel on the tv, turns out she had the wirless mouse to my laptop :nod:

"Where is the power button on this thing?" - question directed at me by a consultant pertaining to a iMac.

I manage a cell phone store.. Here are some silly things people ask me..

"Where is the dial tone ?"

"Why isnt this covered under the warranty?" (phone got dropped into salt water or toilet)

"Why doesnt my phone power on ? " (press the power button silly..)

So where is the computer? Here it is, they hand me the monitor., most people refer to the computer as a monitor, We can't misjudge here since some people grew up without them to be fair, so lets not slander, but it is pretty funny and strange.

I was waiting for a bus back in the UK. I was about 19 at the time.. and this mentally unstable woman came up to me and asked me to kill her by pushing her under the bus because she wanted to die. I didnt of course, and luckily her "guardian" came running down the street and apologized about anything she said and took her away....

Fricking weird if you ask me...

Why did you become a male nurse? Am I dead......... are you god? Why would anyone shoot my _____ he is such a nice person. This is when the question is why is this the 4th 5th time this has happened.

15 minutes of conversation left-out, the story begins below:

Customer: What do I need to bring?

Me: The tower.

Customer: What tower?

Me: Your computer.

Customer: Oh! The modem?

Me: No ma'am, the computer.

Customer: Oh! My router?

Me: No ma'am, your tower, your computer, your desktop pc, the brain, the nice box that your keyboard/mouse and other sundry items are plugged into.

Customer: I can't possibly bring all that stuff in, I'd have to get a neighbor to help me unhook it all.

Me: Ma'am, it is the unit that has the hp logo on the front, a blue-lit button below that, and the model (a845w) below that.

Customer: Well...I'm looking right now, and all it says is hp pavilion vf15, and there is no blue button I can find anywhere.

Me: Ma'am, you're looking at your LCD monitor, not your computer.

Customer: What is an LCD monitor?

Me: Just think of it as a TV you may watch the workings of your computer with.

Customer: Oh! You don't need the information?

Me: No ma'am. Is there anyone else in the household I may talk with right now?

Customer: No, my husband passed-away recently.

Me: I'm sorry. Are there any neighbors or friends that would come-over and help you unhook and bring your computer to me?

Customer: Yes, but they are out-of-town.

Me: Well, I really don't have the room to store all the accessories for your computer in my office, but just bring everything you have, and I'll deal with it.

Customer: OK! When should I bring it in?

Me: I'm open 8 to 6, Monday thru Saturday, you may bring it in during those hours, and I'll put it in queue.

Customer: I don't want to bring it in unless you can get right to it. When could you get to it?

Me: Ma'am I have at least a dozen jobs ahead of you, it may be several days before I am able to look at it.

Customer: I can't do that...

Me: Here are the hp service numbers you will need to get out-of-warranty

service on your machine, if that's what you want. Please give them a call for repair information, and they will give a dealer number you may contact for service. Thank-you!* **

*This, and a dozen different iterations of this conversation I deal with every week. The above example is minor.

**HP has gotten rid of their dealer repair network (forgot to mention that fact above) ;-}

AAAUUUGGGHHH.....AAAUUUUGGGHHH.....AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!

Thank-you, I needed that...

Charles