Sign in to follow this  
PS8282

Need new RAM! Please help!

Hello everybody!

I've build a new rig with 4x512 Corsair XMS3200XL but I'm not happy because I can't run it at 1T and I get stuck overclocking my 3200+ Venice at FSB 230 Bios Version is 623-3 for TCCD (SLI-DR by the way :-) )

So I'm thinking about getting to 2Gb DDR2 GEIL, can you recommend any?

I don't have experience with DDR2 so I don't know what to get. But GEIL seams cheaper than OCZ. Are they OK too or is OCZ better.

Thanks for your help!

DDR2 won't fit in your board....

Make a sig so we can see what parts you have and make a recommendation. Read the forum rules and it will tell you what needs to be in a proper sig.

Hi,

there is no chance to run your system in 1T mode with 4 modules. The mem-controller can´t handle this.

Gipse

I recommend putting your ram on a divider and not worrying about it. CPU mhz is what you want for performance. Memory mhz and timings play a much smaller role. There is a thread proving this if you look a little above this one.

Many have had problems with corsair on these boards. If you have them stable, that's good news.

Hi,

there is no chance to run your system in 1T mode with 4 modules. The mem-controller can´t handle this.

Gipse

maybe not ... yet ;)