Opteron 148 CABNE's available?!?!

ixtapalapaquetl

Got my Opteron today! YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE! It's a CABNE 0528GPMW, which is apparently a most excellent stepping. I got it from Compumusic.com late last week. If you are after a wicked Opteron, I highly suggest paying the premium and striking ASAP before they run out of this batch. Currently testing 2900 at stock, and this from a relative newb to overclocking! Would love to see you experts on nF4's get ahold of one. Good luck.

Hey dude, I'm considering an opteron. What RAM are you using? I might buy soon so please answer.

I'm researching it alot but some real world exp would be very welcome. Just trying to figure out if it needs special RAM. I read that an opty needs registered ram, you runnin' registered ram?

********************UPDATE TO POST!!!************************************

I e-mailed Compumusic.com sales dept. I requsted of them to find an Opteron 148 of the "CABNE" batch, and they did it!

If you want a s939 Opteron CABNE THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!! Granted not even all opty's of the CABNE batch are guranteed anything in terms of OC, but the CABNE batch of opty's is wideley believed to be of a quality near to the FX-57 line.

If you are looking for a good Opteron 1xx look no further!

E-mail Robert Prado at [email protected] , and ask him for a Opteron 148 AMD part#OSA148BNBOX with a "CABNE" in the opening line of the steppings. I told him what this means and how to check for it and he found one for me.

No cpu is guranteed anything. And the Opteron line is not officially supported by DFI. But if you are considering an opty you know you want a "CABNE". I don't have to tell you this. Don't take my word on it, do your research!

Good luck!

P.S. www.compumusic.com is a small buisiness that is why Robert Prado can give you personal attention. Don't just expect a CABNE, you have to e-mail and ask for it! Cost is $319.56. I do not take responsability for them running out, or your lack of research into this product, or lack of knowledge about the nature of a good overclocking chip and any rarity therein.

Congrats mate! So glad they pulled through for you! Post some results here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26642!

I'll post results and any info I find about the opty's.

Love the thread idea! Us lucky fools should band together. You got venice probs and theres a million people out there to say "I did this, and got this". We don't have too many peers to lean on or compare to. Good idea, man.