Swapped 2x512 OCZ for 2x1GB OCZ and no boot

Hello,

I've searched around awhile on the forum and have tried a few things to no avail before posting this. System worked fine with 2x512 of OCZ Platinum Rev2. When I removed said memory and installed a 2x1GB kit from OCZ (2-3-2-5) I get no boot with three of the debug LEDs lit. I've updated the BIOS from 3-10 to 6-23 and also cleared the CMOS. I've set 2T command rate and much higher timings, I've raised mem voltage a tad and still nothing. I've tried the new memory in all possible postions and I've tried single sticks as well. If I put a 512 stick back in, it works fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I've searched around awhile on the forum and have tried a few things to no avail before posting this. System worked fine with 2x512 of OCZ Platinum Rev2. When I removed said memory and installed a 2x1GB kit from OCZ (2-3-2-5) I get no boot with three of the debug LEDs lit. I've updated the BIOS from 3-10 to 6-23 and also cleared the CMOS. I've set 2T command rate and much higher timings, I've raised mem voltage a tad and still nothing. I've tried the new memory in all possible postions and I've tried single sticks as well. If I put a 512 stick back in, it works fine.

If you have tried all sticks in all positions and the only possible configuraion you can get to work is if you use ONLY 1 or 2 of the original rev2's, then it sounds like it might be bad RAM. Its funny though that both sticks would be bad. Can u try the sticks on another machine...may wann PM RyderOCZ or AndyOCZ as they might have better answers for ya.

Hello,

Try set "Auto" and 1T

Hello,

How can you change the settings if it doesn't even post?

Try this:

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency -xxx default settings for your Cpu

LDT/FSB Frequency Ration - Auto

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - default settings for your Cpu

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.500v

CPU VID Control - 1.300v

CPU VID Special Control - Avove VID * 110%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.40v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.70v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.80v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 200 (DRAM/FSB:1/01)

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 2.5

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 03 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 08 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 03 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 13 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 17 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 03 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 03 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - Auto