How many Fans does the SLi-DR support?

How many case fans does the SLI-DR support? I have the OCZ 520w PSU as well.

Sorry for the rather simple and non-technical question.

Thanks,

Bryan

It has 5 fan pin headers on the motherboard but its not realy recomended that you use them for cooling fans for your case.

I read this somewhere one other time, but I don't buy it. I'm guessing people are just worried that their fan is going to fry their motherboard somehow, but I've never seen anyone on here with that problem. Prostock, if you can point me in the direction of a post with one of the mods confirming this problem I'd appreciate it because I'm currently using all five headers and although I haven't had any issues yet I wouldn't like to have any.

I'm a lemming, I tend to follow the advice and opinions of those I consider more knowledgeable rather than relying on my own uninformed assumptions. Sure you can use the fan headers on the mb, but why potentially limit yourself as well as adding stress to the mb's power circuitry? Fan controllers are dirt cheap and these boards are exotic hot rods. Common sense to a lemming.

-pickles

I'm a lemming, I tend to follow the advice and opinions of those I consider more knowledgeable rather than relying on my own uninformed assumptions. Sure you can use the fan headers on the mb, but why potentially limit yourself as well as adding stress to the mb's power circuitry? Fan controllers are dirt cheap and these boards are exotic hot rods. Common sense to a lemming.

-pickles

Thats exactly how I think..

The only mobo header I use is for my chipset fan..

ahhh that could be it, just realised i added an extra fan to the font of me case and used the header on the Mobo the other day and i have recently been getting random lockups my system was 40hours prime stable before hand so i'll try removing it see if that helps