3700+ Clawhammer CG stepping

paulmx

Hello,

Just purchased the above and will replace my 2800+ Newcastle, I would appreciate any tips on using this CPU and the differences between OC'ing a Clawhammer over a Newcastle.

Thanks in advance

PM

i have had my claw for about 3 months or so...i think its a good chip...have mine running at 2.52 but i can game at 2.6 just not prime stable so... i have it backed down a bit...i am cooling with aquagate mini r80 and it never hits above 49 c with 1.65 volts...i have heard many with better clocks but they have better cooling...o yeah if you care i have 3x512 mem running also on this chip....which the old steppings could not do...so im sure i would oc better on 2x512????good luck man i think you will be happy....

I've had my 3700+ for about a year now, and have had no problems getting to 2.6+ GHz. Beyond that I haven't had a whole lot of luck. Just recentley mad a memory change (from 2x215 BH-5 to the 2GB in my sig.) and have been able to do 2.7GHz now.

I've been told that the 3700+ isn't a stellar overclocker comapred to some, but overall, I've been very happy with mine.