Sign in to follow this  
Spyskank

Single X1800XT card can beat SLI When it's heavily overclocked

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26818

Unlike the x850xts, looks like we're gonna have some room to overclock without modding !!!!

"on dry ice" They also need to be avalable to make that claim right now it is just a paper launch. Results vary with drivers too the resuts are all around the place right now with some sites still using the 70 series drivers and some using the 80 series drivers on the Nvidia cards. Kind of like Toms Bashin AMD when they did not know how to build their own system right.

Are these retail cards? I suspect these are not normal retail versons as the XT isnt even on sale yet. Avalability of the bette overclocking cards has ben an issue of late with ATI. I hope they can keep up with demand. This doenst mean jack untill the average guy can try these out and not have people play with a engenering sample or some such.

HAH!

I'll believe it when I see it. I've already read over at [H]ardOCP that these things are a little slower than their nvidia counterparts

lol dry ice, overclocked vs stock air, not overclocked.... were can I get me 4 of these, they are da shizzle!!!

LOL :shake:

Well I have no doubt two of those in Crossfire mode will be faster than two 7800GTX in SLI... only in Direct3D games of course :rolleyes: ; ATI's cards continue to suck terribly on OpenGL games while nVidia's are a little better than before in Direct3D... at least one of the two is doing its homework.

But then again, the x1800XT has 512mb of memory and is probably going to be much more expensive than the similar 512 mb 7800GTX. Maybe we will see nVidia revive the 7800 Ultra project, at least this card will have a sticker price similar to the x1800XT and it will probably tilt the balance again.

I'm sure nvidia is working on things to make sure they don't fall behind. But I tihnk my SLI 7800GTX's will be more than enough for at least 2 years to come, unless something spectacularly better comes around.

.......I tihnk my SLI 7800GTX's will be more than enough for at least 2 years to come, unless something spectacularly better comes around.

Expect it. There will always be somthing bigger and better around the corner to tempt you check the Feer demo out yet?

Yeah, but you need to think about how much money each point in performance cost in comparison to your equipment. Thats why I am going to keep these two 6800GT's for a long time, maybe when the new 7800Ultra comes out (haha, if ever) I will check it out.

What really caught my eyes is the new nForce4 SLI 16x chipset... I wonder if DFI will release a mobo with this chipset in the near future, because with two 16x PCI-E slots the 7800 cards have to perform better... hopefully.

so. ??? dry ice heh ? they just applied better cooling ...

not sayin everything the inq writes is true or will be.. just didnt see anythin

related to volt modding in the article.... mabe be they did , mabe not wich seems

to b the case ->>> means we can overclock the xts higher than we used to... we

can deal with heat issues ezier than power issues... the two are directly related

but if voltage increase is not needed... less trouble

What really caught my eyes is the new nForce4 SLI 16x chipset... I wonder if DFI will release a mobo with this chipset in the near future, because with two 16x PCI-E slots the 7800 cards have to perform better... hopefully.

There are no current or even planned video cards that can saturate a X8 PCIe slot. A rig with two X16 slots will be nothing more than ePenis bragging rights.

I said this on all the forums I seen this on, a heavily OC's gtx on DICE can whip 2 stock 1800Xt's also so you gives a . ?