5 beeps and out for the count

I have a new issue now that I've upgraded my Video card to a Nvidia 6800, CPU fan to Thermaltake Big Typhoon and upgraded my power supply to an Ultra 500W, Xconnect. My PC fails to complete its startup sequence, it beeps 5 times and powers down. The 1st and 4th diag LEDs are on when the beeps start. The manual says its initializing the clock generator.

Eventually after several tries it will finally start.

Any ideas what this is ?

Yes I did the whole shootin match all at once, even installed RAM sinks. I know the RAM sinks arn't the issue becuase I switched to a single 512M ram module and the same problem occured.

The PC will start it just take a acouple of tries before it does.....very weird.

One thing I notice is that the monitor never comes alive when the problem occurs so its locking up around the time the mobo syncs with the monitor. Since I installed a new video card I guess this may the problem. The Apollo GeForce 6800 does have it's own pwr input so could the mobo be getting starved for pwr on startup ?

1-25 of my start up's will go with monitor not coming on. My speaker makes no noise when this occurs.

I get a single beep on normal start.

1-25 i can deal with, 4-5 before it boots properly i could not. What is your bios date. If you have latest, maybe give a try at rolling it back to mine unless u need latest to run that prescott.

For wierd and strange idea #2, remove video card, put a differant one in, reboot, but do not let it install any drivers for new vid card. When its finished booting, (and you have changed no settings), shut it down, and put original card back in.