Successful Post on First Try But Getting DIMM Warning

Hi All,

Successfully posted on the first try (doing dance of joy) but I'm getting the following warning:

"WARNING Place a dimm in slot 2 for single channel operation and dimms in slots 2 and 4 for dual channel operation."

Based on the recommendations for my RAM in the stickies / threads here and at BleedinEdge, I have my dimms in slots 1 and 3. The board recognizes my CPU and correctly detects 1 gig of RAM. I'm assuming that a BIOS update will resolve this. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks.

I believe you are correct...6/23-3 should solve your problem. Make sure your ram passes memtest before flashing the new bios or you could cause some serious problems. BTW, that rig is friggin' ridiculous...you've definately did your homework (and you've definately got some cash). Have fun...

Thanks for the answer and the tip with regard to memtesting prior to flashing to a new bios. Ran in to some interesting errors but managed to resolve the problem. This saved me some possible major headaches later. I posted a new thread with the results. Might help someone else using this memory.

It's funny, my wife had the same comment about this rig. Yeah, the machine's a bit over the top. Once I started buying parts I came down with a bad case of "the wild hair". Needless to say, the comment about lots of cash no longer applies ;-).

Thanks again. I truly appreciate your help.