Sign in to follow this  
likwidkool

New OCZ 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat

I still have time to call my retailer to change the memory i've ordered....

So far i was going with OCZ Gold EL PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL3-4-4-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory but i just found out about the OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL3-3-2-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory.

Would you guys mind compairing the two as far as stock speed good, OC potential etc.

This would help me choose. Thanks :nod:

Would you guys mind compairing the two as far as stock speed good, OC potential etc.

get the EB stuff...while the Gold will easily do 250, and I've had it at 265, the EB is better (will go higher) with tighter timings (3-3-7-2 vs 3-4-8-4)

get the EB stuff...while the Gold will easily do 250, and I've had it at 265, the EB is better (will go higher) with tighter timings (3-3-7-2 vs 3-4-8-4)

Would you go so far as to recommend the EB over a set of Ballistix (purely on performance...price not an issue)

?

Would you go so far as to recommend the EB over a set of Ballistix (purely on performance...price not an issue)

?

yes

i dont have any Ballistix 4000 2x1024

I do have plenty of OCZ 2x1024 and the EB's are one of them.

until I get some Ballistix 4000 2x1024, i cannot recommend them as I have no experience with them (I do NOT recommend anything I have not tested myself unless i make it clear that I have no experience with it and trusted users have experience and recommend it)