New Ram Not Recognized

I'll have to try this after work if I can even get my computer to boot.

It started with a blue screen and reboot this morning and now It's won't even boot. I doesn't see the Raptor if it even gets to that point. I'm not sure whats up but think I'll have to start from scratch. Is there step by step instructions on getting a new system setup? I can't even get it to boot from a floppy now.

Depressing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Space Cowboy :)

Everything looks perfect....I missed the fact before that you have a Winchester CPU.

Newcastle, Clawhammer, and Winchester Core CPU's have to run 4 Double Sided (All OCZ sticks 512MB and larger are Double Sided) at 2T AND the 166 Ram divider.

So your ram speed is just what it should be....if your not familiar with A64 ram dividers, they are a little tricky and depending on the CPU multi the ram speed goes up and down.

I can point you to a little explanation though if you like, but according to your CPU-z report...you are running at 157.8 whatever and that is right where I calculate it should be.

Now in order to get the Ram running back up to 200 or a little more, we are going to have to try a little Overclocking....is that something you want to do?

Well.. I tryed reset and reflash and reinstall of the XPPRO and all newest drivers and left most BIOS options at default except I enabled this:

The 4GB issue, you need to set the PCI MMIO setting to enabled on the Advanced Chipset page, is where I think it is?
I think my Ram voltage is also at 2.7 or 2.8 .. Can't remember right now but the OCZ tech told me it was save to go up to 2.8v. Anyway's here is my latest results. When I go to PC Pitstop my video card scores lower than the same one they have listed there.

Also on power up. The post test now reads 4 gig at 333mhz but in "my computer" it only reads 3 gigs?

I would be interested in minor overclocking. Nothing extreme.

Where should I start?

Thanks

P.S. Should I post text files or HTML dumps?

Back and forth all day with OCZ email support and no resolution.

I can have the post read 4 gig and cpuz read 4 gig but my computer reads 3 gig

Or I can disable the option PCI MMIO setting on the Advanced Chipset page in the bios and have the post read 3.4 gig and my computer read 3.25 gig.

Can't get a straight answer on which one is the better selection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yes .. I think we should combine this topic for others to follow .. Seems to be a major issue since DFI claims it will support 4 gig of dual channel memory.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2&highlight=4gb

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...dows+4gb+memory

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25870