Sign in to follow this  
mattyhayden

Ram Timmings 1T VS 2T

from what ive seen its about 2GB/s difference.....

for example when I have 2 sticks of 512 in dual channel mode w/ 2-2-2-5 1T i get 6.2GB/s bandwidth using Sisoft Sandra 2005

With 4 sticks of 512 (2GB) w/ 2-3-2-5 2T i only get about 4.2GB/s :( but BF2 loads much faster with 4x512 and the decrease in bandwidth doesn't seem to hurt FPS in games either......as much as it bugs the crap out of me not being able to do 2-2-2-5 1T w/ 4x512 :(

it does make a difference but hard to see, E.g. my 7800 GT vs. 7800 GTX you wont see a difference, but if you bench them against each other the 7800 GTX is faster, you cant tell that the GT is hitting 100 fps in BF2 where as the GTX is hitting 110 they will appear to be the same, if there was a game that my GT could only hit 25 fps and the gtx hit 30 fps than you would see the difference. I would stick with 2 sticks if I could but if I had to it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference

there is very very little real world performance hit. Maybe 2%. Do a search and you will see. :) dont go by sisoft as they do not show real world performance

Newbie question, sorry to throw this into your thread, but where is this setting changed in the BIOS? I haven't noticed it before, and haven't really looked for it to be honest.

Command Per Clock (Enabled = 1T, Disabled = 2T) in the DRAM Config

there is very little difference that you can tell. A benchmark will be able to determine memory bandwidth difference, but since the A64 is all about cpu mhz, you won't see any difference that you will notice.