Sign in to follow this  
JoeGalvan

Best bios for AMD 64 3200 DTR/LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb

Guest Niki

Does anyone know, are those ml-xx typed turions multiplier locked?

Guest Niki

Can u help me, before I built my new rig, I was wondering, in wich slots should i put my 2x512 ocz memorys? I don't understand manual wicg i downloaded from dfi. They say something about ranks? What are those, ocz:s are golden edition 2-2-2-5 @ ddr400. So where should I put these?

Most people are running in slots 1 & 3. That seems to be the general consensus. You may find your systems' performance will vary. I would suggest just booting with one stick to start out and get into the bios and set things up a little to start.

Do some memtest runs also to verify things are fine before loading windows.

Forgot the question on ranks... refers to the memory stick having chips on both sides for double rank. Most sticks 512Mb and higher are double rank.

Guest Niki

Thx, do you prefer some special memtest, wich is normaly used, i have never used any of those...

Hey Niki!

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...167&postcount=3

About halfway through the page if you scroll down it has links to memtest, prime, superpi etc. and good suggestions for using them to test your memory and system stability.

If you plan on overclocking that Turion you will want to turn off Cool and Quiet in the bios too. The thread goes through most everything you might want to know. Also on your first boot your system will probably start up at a low multi maybe 4x and your vcore may be very low also. you will need to manually set the proper voltage and proper default multi for that processor. I think the deault multi is 11? 11x200 for 2200? Voltage should be 1.35v according to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_T...microprocessors

Guest Niki

Finaly it's done, it took 3 hours from me to even configurate bios properly, still it ain't so good. Let's see by weekend if I have time to play with this rig, but it didn't go past 230... Bios is 623 and working ok. I'll get back when i know more.

Idle temp 10x230 @ 1,4v is 26-27'C

Finaly it's done, it took 3 hours from me to even configurate bios properly, still it ain't so good. Let's see by weekend if I have time to play with this rig, but it didn't go past 230... Bios is 623 and working ok. I'll get back when i know more.

Idle temp 10x230 @ 1,4v is 26-27'C

Temp looks good at idle. Whats the ambient room temp? 10x230 out of the box isn't a bad start.

I'm curious about the OCZ Gold. Is that the p/n OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K? How many volts are you using on the ram at 230? 200 1:1? I think 220-230 is where you may start needing raise voltage on those sticks to hold those timings or use a divider.. There are some posts in the forum especially Angry Games testing them I think. You might search a little for some ideas on tweaking them here.

What power supply are you using?

Guest Niki
Temp looks good at idle. Whats the ambient room temp? 10x230 out of the box isn't a bad start.

I'm curious about the OCZ Gold. Is that the p/n OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K? How many volts are you using on the ram at 230? 200 1:1? I think 220-230 is where you may start needing raise voltage on those sticks to hold those timings or use a divider.. There are some posts in the forum especially Angry Games testing them I think. You might search a little for some ideas on tweaking them here.

What power supply are you using?

Yes, those are my sticks. I'm givin the same as with asus, that is 2.9v. I'm running them 1:1 @ 230. Sorry, my timings are 2.5-3-7-3. I'm tightenning them, when i get everything else in shape. I didn't try to manualy set those timings, everything is at auto. Let's see by weekend, how much fun is this rig going to be. Thx Scott for replying often and fast. I will get back asap.

Guest Niki

Room temp is just above 20'c, it's floating on 20-22'C. Depending is window open or close.

Niki, I'm glad to see your running a ML Turion on your UT board. Would like to know if you have pushed your memory controller yet? I've been thru many 64 mobiles and all the memory controllers are crapping out around 270-280htt in single channel mode and really suck with 2x512mb.

Would like to hear from others with either Turions or Newarks. I think I'm finally done with 754 unless these new mobiles can reach 300htt and then some.

Guest Niki

Good to hear from you too Racer! I'm having little difficulties with memory settings/windows. It doesn't boot to windows allways (mobo memtest runs normaly), it did boot before i installed sp3+sp4.I have this strange feeling about my OCZ sticks, let's see if they even work properly on my mobo with 623 bios. I'm going to push all juice out of the memorys, if i can. Now the problem is memory strenght level. I cannot raise it above lvl4, or i'll get avery time detectin array issue. But, i'm not going to give up! This is my first Dfi mobo, and i can say that i'm noobster with 64-bit amd:s. Turion's are my newest investion, and i'm still hoping the best from mobiles. Fsb may be problem also, bacause i'm running my system with normal ide drives.

Ldt is now at 3x, it's the only setting that gives me possibility to go past 200fsb.

Chipset voltage is 1.7v, processor is 1.4v (I should give her more juice), memorys 2.9v, i know there is more, but i'm running watercooling, with out fans. Memory cooling should be issue allso. I'll write again when i know more.