Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Corsair DDR1 + DFI Lanparty NF4 939 (stock, stable settings for many t

how about trying with only minimal components attached...

say cpu, memory, single vid card, single hdd, single cd-rom and try to install windows?

if all else fails, I recommend you follow my advice in bold red in the beginning of this thread and have your memory replaced by Corsair

Maybe I should just save up and buy an ASUS mobo or something.I've heard they are more stable by far?

*sigh*

these types of myths...I won't even bother to go on a rant about them

motherboards are no more or less stable in general than any other

to think otherwise is folly

I'm so annoyed as I got rid of some dodgy Hynix Ram and splashed out on Seriously expensive Corsair Xpert stuff, believing what the Compatibility guide on their website told me!

thats corporate for ya...

but the Street is not run by the corp bigshots or the marketing/pr persons

it is run by techs and users who have spent lots of time and more importantly money to find out what works and what doesn't...

Corsair memory works...but if yours doesn't, then replace it.

if it still doesn't work...then have the motherboard replaced

if it still doesn't work...then it probably has nothing to do with the memory OR the motherboard and boils down to either the user or some other hardware item

this isn't meant to be insulting...it is just meant as the truth from one user who has had plenty of trouble with Corsair memory to another who is having current trouble with Corsair memory.

this isn't meant to be insulting...it is just meant as the truth from one user who has had plenty of trouble with Corsair memory to another who is having current trouble with Corsair memory.

Oh I'm not insulted...well not by you anyway; perhaps a little by Corsair and maybe even DFI...

I appreciate the advice and I will try the back to basics idea - come to think of it 4 hard-drives and two DVD writers may be a little excessive... just one thing about the memory, which slot do you recommend I put the single stick in?

THX Angry_Games for this database. Found my RAM (Corsair 2GB 3500XLPRO) and use you config as a baseline. Stabile like rock and now im om 2.5.3.2.6 And stable 18h at 230MHz. Im keep going up.. :D

Good news, I have it all working now, barring the occasional BSOD...something about turning of cached memory or removing recently added devices...a reboot seems to sort it out. Not really a complaint as such as I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point!

Thanks Angry for all your help, much appreciated.

i hear the same Myth about Corsair ram :rolleyes:

i hear the same Myth about Corsair ram :rolleyes:

How many Corsair kits have you tried with this board to come to this conclusion? I tend to agree with you as my Corsair runs fine too - but i simply consider myself lucky. I did notice that Sharp no longer lists Corsair as 'Not Recommended' but posts a link to this here thread.

How many Corsair kits have you tried with this board to come to this conclusion? I tend to agree with you as my Corsair runs fine too - but i simply consider myself lucky. I did notice that Sharp no longer lists Corsair as 'Not Recommended' but posts a link to this here thread.

well

considering the numerous cases of Corsair not working properly with our boards from back in the NF2 days (despite Corsair's denial and no real 'scientific' data other than the number of tech support issues we saw at forums and in official support), I really had no other choice but to recommend avoiding their memory on our Lanparty series.

Corsair finally sent me enough of their popular lines to test and they all worked just fine for me, so I decided that since they work just fine and i proved they work just fine, if the user still had issues, he should go ahead and contact Corsair directly (as in the big red letters of the first post of this thread) and have Corsair exchange modules until user got some that worked properly on our boards.

I knew the DFI board wasn't the problem with all the previous Corsair issues. I also knew that their memory worked just fine on other boards including Intel-based boards, but for some reason their modules just didn't work well with our overclockable AMD based boards (usually had to do with how they set the SPD).

Corsair's memory has always been excellent memory. I've never disputed that at all. I've never 'disliked' their memory nor their company. I only cautioned users of Lanparty AMD-based boards that they would most likely run into issues mixing the two based upon the unusually high number of RMA requests to DFI and the common hardware item besides motherboard was Corsair memory...and none of the motherboards that returned to us were defective (maybe one or two but we are talking hundreds of cases of these two pieces of hardware together producing no-boot and non-stable situations).

On top of that, I could never get any Corsair to test myself...and if I cannot test it myself, and i see lots of issues, then I have to look out for the customer, not the memory mfg, and steer the customer into something that works.

now, that all being said, this thread proves that Corsair works on our AMD based motherboards of the Lanparty series.

If you have Corsair, which is excellent memory, and it does not work together with your DFI motherboard, you are to contact Corsair and have them replace the memory, as with previous experience, we have seen that the motherboard nor the memory is defective, but the particular memory modules (or their SPD settings) from Corsair (or any mfg really) for some reason does not like the motherboard, and Corsair will replace your kit with one that does.

This is not to put all the blame or responsibility on Corsair. DFI will gladly accept your motherboard in RMA if you feel the motherboard is the problem.

Very well put AG.

I was actually referring to msmolt in my previous post, I was just wondering how many Corsairs he had tested in order to come to the conclusion that the DFI/Corsair issue was only a myth. Like I said, my Corsairs work GREAT in my board and I couldn't be happier with how it performs (well, a little happier perhaps), but obviously there are issues - the existence of this thread is proof enough for me. I simply consider myself lucky to have gotten a kit that is indeed compatible with the board rather than jumping to the conclusion that the issue is a myth.

AG....I'm currently running stock testing with the twinx1024 4400C25 set on my mobo. Some of the settings are different from the ultra-d. Once I have the required testing times and screenshots I was thinking of postin them up. Should I post in here because it's corsair ram, or make a new thread because it's the expert mobo?

EDIT: Some settings are on auto in the BIOS, but I can get the settings through everest or A64Tweaker. Would it be ok to put: AUTO (what the setting was determined to be by everest or A64Tweaker in here)?

AG....I'm currently running stock testing with the twinx1024 4400C25 set on my mobo. Some of the settings are different from the ultra-d. Once I have the required testing times and screenshots I was thinking of postin them up. Should I post in here because it's corsair ram, or make a new thread because it's the expert mobo?

EDIT: Some settings are on auto in the BIOS, but I can get the settings through everest or A64Tweaker. Would it be ok to put: AUTO (what the setting was determined to be by everest or A64Tweaker in here)?

if it is stock speed stuff and you have met all the requirements for entry, then post them in this section but start your own thread.

i'm not concerned with A64 Tweaker or anything like that...BIOS settings just like EVERY entry is what is important.