Corsair DDR1 + DFI Lanparty NF4 939 (stock, stable settings for many t

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a success to share and a big thank you to Angry for the work done in posting these settings.

The settings in post #5 worked a charm for my

4 x 1G Corsair TWINX 2048 PC3200 C2 XMS3202v1.2

The important settings I needed to change were these:

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... - 07 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... - 17 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... - 03 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... - 03 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... - 3120 Cycles

This is a better set of timings than "Load optimised defaults" gives and solved a quirky stability problem I was having - Prime95 failing under load - while working in foreground, usually sound or video related, and usually only after 13-15 hours passed! V. frustrating. (and it passed Memtest)

I have now set CAS from auto (=3,0) to 2.5.

That was over a week ago, and now I am overclocking very well with 24hr+ Prime95 stable plus 12 hours memtest passed, as well as gaming and very demanding graphics work.

A very happy camper.

EDIT: Hold all that, just got a failure after 2 days, will test to see if an overclock problem..

EDIT2: yes, was just too low VCORE. This mem setting is 4 day prime 95 stable at stock speed, and also 3 day stable at 2500MHz, am testing higher....

need help here. currently my setup are at my siggy(260 x10). im following the post #4 setup & its working fine at stock & the max can overclock is 260 x10(1T, DC, 2.5-4-4-8). but my problem is, when i flash my bios 6/23-3(or -1, -2), & follow all the setting in post #8, my machine fail to boot & keep restarting. am i missing something or is there any mistake setting in the #8 genie setting?

thanks all

need help here. currently my setup are at my siggy(260 x10). im following the post #4 setup & its working fine at stock & the max can overclock is 260 x10(1T, DC, 2.5-4-4-8). but my problem is, when i flash my bios 6/23-3(or -1, -2), & follow all the setting in post #8, my machine fail to boot & keep restarting. am i missing something or is there any mistake setting in the #8 genie setting?

thanks all

you need to post in the Overclocking section for any help on your problem...this is for stock speed settings only

24 hours! A whole day without a computer in college!? Well, if thats what it takes, im going home this weekend so i'll let it run for around 72 hours. Is there anything bad that can happen from running it that long? ive only gone 12 hours so i wasnt sure.

24 hours! A whole day without a computer in college!? Well, if thats what it takes, im going home this weekend so i'll let it run for around 72 hours. Is there anything bad that can happen from running it that long? ive only gone 12 hours so i wasnt sure.

there was a customer in here that left his machine priming while he was on vacation and came home to find it totally destroyed from something failing and/or overheating...

I do not suggest ever leaving a computer on for days at a time while you are nowhere near at least every few hours to check on it. I've heard of houses being burnt to the ground from unattended electrical devices (including computers) shorting/burning, etc

currently i encounter this error. what its mean??

http://geocities.com/gengstapo2/printscreen/error1.jpg

it appear when i try running the 3dmark05(its auto-restart). im using the exact setting like the post at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...863&postcount=4 . only change the :

CPU VID Control............................... - 1.47V<-- i change

CPU VID Special Control................... - Above VID * 110%

running at 250HTT x10

• 2 weeks later...

Don't suppose you got the chance to try some Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2 v3.1 eh? I cannot get my machine to stop crashing.

--Hudson