Sign in to follow this  
noktekniq

horrible overclock, 4400+ not worth money!

i read so many times all over the place that the 3800+ clocks so much better then all of the other X2s so i just bout the 3800+ and saved me a bit of money.

Plus its much more fun to overclock from 2.0 -> 2.6 then from 2.2 ->2.5

and on the first day. :nod:

i read so many times all over the place that the 3800+ clocks so much better then all of the other X2s so i just bout the 3800+ and saved me a bit of money.

Plus its much more fun to overclock from 2.0 -> 2.6 then from 2.2 ->2.5

and on the first day. :nod:

i didnt want to OC the first day, i waited until the AS5 was set and my memory was burned in

but i got to 2.5ghz pretty much after the first try, i ran 250x10 on my 3400+ clawhammer (strangely enough)

max temp and max volt recommended to run this cpu 24/7?

i live on a tropical island so dont come and say 40c load ¬¬

Most people are comfortable below 50c or so at load. My liquid cooled X2 3800+ overclocked with both cores loaded runs about 37C to my recollection but that's with liquid cooling.

The main implication of warmer ambient temperatures such as your location is that you'll have to live with a tad less voltage yet still end up at 45c-50c. With decent air cooling like the XP-90 or better, you may still be able to get up to 1.5 volts - I'm not sure how hot it is there.

Guest nomad

I find anything over 55c on any A64 system has become unstable. So I try to stay below 50 as a rule. 1.55v would prolly be the max on air, but temps would prolly put you over budget with your cooler.

i see thx guys for the tips

mine run cooler about 31-33c idle about 41-42 load

compared with my last cpu p4 3ghz northwood 44-45c idle 58-60 load

4400 is maxed out to 1.9 volt, after that u need more than 0.5 volt to get 20 mhz higher.

at 1.9 volt is is 90 degrees (full load), 1.5 it is 54 i think at full load, above 1.9 volt they dont like :(

3421 mhz is max from my 4400, 11 × 311, will load cpu validation after i recieved new ram :) (btw worldrecord for an 4400)

Victory, when you say 1.9 Volts do you mean what you set in the SLI-DR BIOS or what is being reported afterwards?

In my SLI-DR the monitoring reports 1.73 volts when I set the BIOS to 1.8 (WARNING: my 3200+ shows extreme power consumption at 1.8 V BIOS).