Random lockups with my new X2

There are posts here and elsewhere about games that have trouble with the x2, I don't have one but there are some solutions around that some people have some luck with like associatiing the app with only 1 processor, google it or search here.

good luck

Just searched dfi-street and found this......

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2&highlight=bf2

Indie and I are talking about lockups at desktop not about games.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indie and I are talking about lockups at desktop not about games.

Yeah it's so typical that someone just posts something not relevant at all to the problem itself.

I had the system up and running the whole night without a single problem, but how can I be sure that when I return it they will be able to recreate the same lockups? I mean if they can't find a problem, then they won't approve the RMA, right?

Yeah that's it's so typical that someone just posts something not relevant at all to the problem itself.

I had the system up and running the whole night without a single problem, but how can I be sure that when I return it they will be able to recreate the same lockups? I mean if they can't find a problem, then they won't approve the RMA, right?

Just explain the problem clearly to the service technician, telling him what steps you have taken to fault find the problem, ie, tried different ram, psu etc, and make sure you mention that you have tried the latest bios... if the company you have bought from is reputable there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Yesterday I did not only put my brothers cpu on my mobo - I put my X2 on his mobo (we both have DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D nF4 mobos). Now this is what's weird - neither of our systems lock up any more.

My guess is that my mobo doesn't like dual core processors, however it might be that I have different RAM, but I doubt that. A third guess of mine is that I was using the 4V jumper before on my mobo and that fooked it up somehow.

I guess we'll just have to exchange mobos to solve the problem then. Thanks for all the help though, bugeyes, and all you other helpful souls.

the Lockups consume cpu? or freeze even the task manager.

disk activity stops when the system Lock? or is video lock.

task manager sucks use sysinternals process explorer.

the first time I post with mi x2 3800 the board say hamer family, bios update and the post screnn read well mi x2.

So when you swap cpus and boot into windows you're making sure the HAL gets updated

right?

In device manager under computer you should have ACPI Multiprocessor PC or something similar on the X2 machine and ACPI Uniprocessor PC or Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC on the Venice machine.

Using the uniprocessor hal on an x2 would probably cause some locking up type problems.

Using the uniprocessor hal on an x2 would probably cause some locking up type problems.

uniprocessor hal only see one cpu, you could use multiprocessor hal with only 1 cpu.

tha correct hal for x2 is ACPI multiprocessor PC

the Lockups consume cpu? or freeze even the task manager.

disk activity stops when the system Lock? or is video lock.

task manager sucks use sysinternals process explorer.

the first time I post with mi x2 3800 the board say hamer family, bios update and the post screnn read well mi x2.

all I can say is; HUH?

So when you swap cpus and boot into windows you're making sure the HAL gets updated

right?

In device manager under computer you should have ACPI Multiprocessor PC or something similar on the X2 machine and ACPI Uniprocessor PC or Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC on the Venice machine.

Already checked that on both systems. They're both correct.

Are you using anything relate to java/virtual machine because I'm getting lockups whenever I use DIMES (http://www.netdimes.org/) while it works in the task bar but when I bring it up to see whats going on it freezes and the music I'm playing skips but it eventually goes back to normal it even did it when I was using a Java based type speed tester.

Are you using anything relate to java/virtual machine because I'm getting lockups whenever I use DIMES (http://www.netdimes.org/) while it works in the task bar but when I bring it up to see whats going on it freezes and the music I'm playing skips but it eventually goes back to normal it even did it when I was using a Java based type speed tester.

It freezes "for good" and not just temporarily. Restarting is the only thing that helps.

BTW I have a new suspect; My NB has started reaching temperatures up to 60-70 degrees so I checked it out and it turns out that the fan is dead. Replaced it with a heatsink (only) but that only made it worse. Actually I got a lockup now with the 3000+, so my X2 is definately out of the picture.

Ordered a Revoltec NB fan and heatsink a few min ago. I will return in a few days if it won't fix the lockups either.

Yea my freezes are temporary but I'm trying to figure out why they only happen in java and nothing anything else like BF2 let me know if the new fan/heatsink work because my chipset hits temps around 52 C idle with my 3800+ overclocked from 2 ghz to 2080mhz which is probably because my 7800gtx blows hot air right on the chipset