Random lockups with my new X2

I get random lockups in Windows with my new X2 CPU but Memtest runs fine for 9h (havent tried any longer).

The lockups occur between 5 min to a couple of hours from XP startup.

I have tried reinstalling Windows a million times with or without any drivers at all. It still locks up. I've also tried a million of combinations in BIOS but no matter how much volts or how many devices I disable I still get the damn errors.

Please help me sort this one out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i had some problems with my x2 3800+ but not really lock ups just slow game performance and after i would exit a game it would lagg a lot for a few minutes then come back to normal..i just got rid of it bc i didnt want to deal with the problems..

I get random lockups in Windows with my new X2 CPU but Memtest runs fine for 9h (havent tried any longer).

The lockups occur between 5 min to a couple of hours from XP startup.

I have tried reinstalling Windows a million times with or without any drivers at all. It still locks up. I've also tried a million of combinations in BIOS but no matter how much volts or how many devices I disable I still get the damn errors.

Please help me sort this one out.

What are your BIOS DRAM settings?

That enough for you?

Now please, some help!

Well, actually no. What are the rest of yoru memory settings on? Are they all auto?

You are probably having memory issues. Corsair seems to cause people headaches. Try doing a search for your memory and see if someone has posted some that worked for them. Maybe that would give you a good starting point for yours.

Well, actually no. What are the rest of yoru memory settings on? Are they all auto?

You are probably having memory issues. Corsair seems to cause people headaches. Try doing a search for your memory and see if someone has posted some that worked for them. Maybe that would give you a good starting point for yours.

How can that be when I am able to run Memtest for 9h without a single error at the settings I am using?

All other settings are defaulted yes. It does not matter what I put my CPU volt or mem timings at so what the fook could be the problem?

Memtest is only a very basic test. Passing it does not mean that your memory is set to ocrrectly run in windows. Failing it means you definitely will not run Windows stably.

All of those other memory settings can be very important in running your memory in a stable manner. As I said, there have been a lot of reports from people with Corsair memory having problems. There are some that don't, but a lot seem to. I believe some that have gotten it to work have posted the settings they used, so once again I suggest you do a search and see if you can find them.

Seems some RAM settings were altered by default (by that I mean not set to Auto). Changed them all to Auto now so let's see how it all turns out...

Memtest is only a very basic test. Passing it does not mean that your memory is set to ocrrectly run in windows. Failing it means you definitely will not run Windows stably.

All of those other memory settings can be very important in running your memory in a stable manner. As I said, there have been a lot of reports from people with Corsair memory having problems. There are some that don't, but a lot seem to. I believe some that have gotten it to work have posted the settings they used, so once again I suggest you do a search and see if you can find them.