Can anyone please help me OC my 4400+ :) :)

Serial45

Hi guys, got my system running stable (see sig).

Well im new to OCing really,

I've read the guide on ocing and I've had a little play around however nothing seems to want to boot.

Im a little unsure of what to touch in the dram settings as I have been trying to work from other peoples settings, but obviously my ram timings are different.

If any of you experts could throw me up some settings to run overclocked then I can work away from there.

Much appreciated guys...

Im pretty unsure what to alter with things concerning LDT etc, and I dont want to play around too much for fear of causing damage.

So far i've set my ram to 2.8v, and running at 1t.

CPU under load atm is around 38c.

Try this;

Set your HTT/LTD to 4x. The set FSB to 240 x 11. Set voltage to 1.40 / 110%. That should push your cpu to 2640 @ 1.49 vcore (still within AMD specs). In dramm to start set all your ram to auto except enable *cpc*. The board is very forgiving with ram timings on auto. Then get CPU-Z and A64 Tweaker. Launch CPU-Z and look at memory/spd settings. The mobo should be running the ram at what it is rated for in timings. This can be verified by looking at spd. Then launch A64 Tweaker and look at *tref* Your tref should be at 200mhz 15.6us for maximum throughput. At a 240 that should be ok. To be sure use this program to first determine ram is stable. http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html you will need to run 2 instances, but you don't need to install this in 2 locations, you can dbl click on icon and it will launch 2nd window. This is windows based and much more sensative than memtest in boot or Prime95. If you get your ram to 8 hours stable, then you can Prime95 it to determine core stability at that voltage. The dual cores are all different, some get great oc, some don't. If cpu is stable then you can begin to tweak your ram. I always prefer to get ram stable first then cpu. Poor ram settings will corrupt winblowz but an underpowered cpu or unstable cpu will not.

Im pretty unsure what to alter with things concerning LDT etc, and I dont want to play around too much for fear of causing damage.

Don't be worried about damage matey. If something doesn't work (i.e. freezing, no boot, etc) simply clear the CMOS and start again. :) If you have started overclocking and find something that works, save it via the CMOS Reload thing in the BIOS to save you starting from scratch. ;) The only possible way to damage the hardware would be if the voltage was set too high and or temps were too high.

So some pointers, voltage for the CPU, with some decent air cooling (which you have) would be 1.60 - 1.65v MAX! Try and not go over 55 degrees on load. Set the shutdown temp. in the BIOS to 60 degrees as a safe guard.

I've never really overclocked a dual core CPU, is it just the same as a single?

Sorry I can't be of anymore help!

Hi guys, got my system running stable (see sig).

Well im new to OCing really,

I've read the guide on ocing and I've had a little play around however nothing seems to want to boot.

Im a little unsure of what to touch in the dram settings as I have been trying to work from other peoples settings, but obviously my ram timings are different.

If any of you experts could throw me up some settings to run overclocked then I can work away from there.

Much appreciated guys...

So far i've set my ram to 2.8v, and running at 1t.

CPU under load atm is around 38c.

hiya mate, off topic but did you get your 7800 in the top slot with the xp-120 insatlled?

YAY! having fuin guys

I actually read an studied the whole overclocking guide! and got to work, so please i actually have some understanding in what im doing!

my issues where with the memory, i cant run the memory at more than like 205 1:1 so im running at ddr 333 5/6 divider, running 240*11 / 2.64ghz, stable as hell, idle now is 36, load 44-47, my delta kicks in at 45 lol!

changing things bit by bit, not doing extensive hour long testing yet, ill do that as i push the bars a bit!

but ran a few benchmarks so far all good hehe

Thanks for help,

and my god that a64 overclocking guide, the guy deserves a medal :)

anyone got any ideas why i can only get 205fsb 1:1? do i need to be more specific in my ram timing settings, or should auto work fine? thanks in advance

pc is being really funny booting with *10 multiplyer, will work 250*10, anything above = wont get to windows screen

HOWEVER

works with the *11 multiplyer no probs

currently at 260*11

5/6 divider CPC enabled

lol dont understand...

Have my CPU core set to 1.425*+110% thing (around 1.58 max)

pc boots and 3d mark sucessful

Do i lose much running on the divider compared to 1:1 cos uhm lol cant get far on 1:1...saying that guys im leaving most memory options on auto

YAY! having fuin guys

anyone got any ideas why i can only get 205fsb 1:1? do i need to be more specific in my ram timing settings, or should auto work fine? thanks in advance

Answered my own question, i changed the ram timings to

2.5 2 3 4 7

Much more leway, can run 225fsh @ 1:1 getting there

need greater understanding of the ram timings, much reading to do :)

one thing i do know is my chip dislikes *10 about 245 but loves *11 multiplyer lol