Sign in to follow this  
red930

Questions about Plasma, HDTV and 1080i

A projector that doesn't have DVI or HDMI limits your signal to the analog component inputs. While much better than S-Video or Composite it's still not a digital signal.

See this link...

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/122868.html

I have some playing around to do with that. My Projector doesnt support HDMI or DVI, but my DVD player has one out and my amp has two in and one out. The cable from my amp (it is a video center) to the Projector is component and was $600 CAD for 25' (the thing is like 3" think). What I am wondering if the amp will accept HDMI and convert to component?

I will have to get an HDMI cable and see.

Guest nomad

The Epson 500+ was like $2000 CAD more than 200+. Basically I wanted it for watching movies. I think I will get a plasma in the future for my more intiese digital needs. But the 103" was a major attraction. All my other choices in the price range were in the 50"-61" range.

Also they were rear projection and were very large. This is TINY!!!

Time will tell if I should have spent the xtra cash. But I still think I will get the plasma down the road.

@Roadie: So, did you get the TV? I was searching through looking for info on Home Theatre PCs and saw this thread. I bought an Infocus 61md10 for $2,500(+$5 s/h) and I love it. I'm considering building a dedicated PC to handle DVD storage so I can serve up all my movies on demand as well as music and photos, hopefully integrating with my TiVo.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...72&postcount=21

Watching the MPC bowl in Travis' back yard right now. That blue turf is a bit strong on ESPN HD. lol

@Roadie: So, did you get the TV? I was searching through looking for info on Home Theatre PCs and saw this thread. I bought an Infocus 61md10 for $2,500(+$5 s/h) and I love it. I'm considering building a dedicated PC to handle DVD storage so I can serve up all my movies on demand as well as music and photos, hopefully integrating with my TiVo.