Lost pci devices and 2nd LAN after oc

TheFlowerKing

Hi all,

Was running SP2004 overnight last night with the following setup on my DFI NF4:

4x512 Twinmos SP BH-5 245mhz @ 2-2-2-5-7-15-2-2-1-2-3120 @ 3.4v

Woke up this morning and the pc seemed to have shut down, no fans were going at all, yet the power led on the front of the case was lit. Thought it was a bit odd.

Rebooted and it got into Windows fine, yet it wouldnt' detect any pci devices.

I tried 2 modems and a tv tuner card that all work, and they weren't detected at all.

Also, the only network device I have left is the nForce LAN, nothing else is listed in device manager.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Do you think I've FUBARed my board? Everything else goes except the pci devices and the lack of network devices.

Reset bios and nothing changed.

Any advice is appreciated.

Dave

It's not under spec. Check out the PSU thread under

""A" List for Non-SLI PSU's: These are KNOWN to work well with DFI N4 mobos!"

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ight=psu+thread

The Fortron Blue Storm 500W is listed there, although true rating is 460W.

And, yes, the connectors are plugged into the board with the exception of the SLI power connector which I don't require since I'm not running SLI.

I might add that I've been running this setup for months now, with a variety of configs, Sempron running up to 3ghz, a couple of Venices running up to 2.8ghz, old/new tccd @ 300mhz @ 2.5-3-3/2.5-4-3, bh-utt @ 255 @ 2-2-2. I don't think it's the psu, period, though I could be wrong but there are plenty of ppl running Bluestorms without trouble.

If the connectors weren't plugged in, I think it would have come a cropper before this.

Edit : I will connect the sli power tonight after work, although I can't see why it needs it now after months of fine results.

Oh, ok, sorry about the mix up, I just seen the 460 and had to ask. I believe all four connectors are supposed to be plugged in, regardless if you're using SLI. But if you've been running this way for months, and OC'ing, etc, I doubt this is it. I don't know what else to suggest. hmm. Maybe a long clear cmos, like 10-15 minutes, with battery out and unplugged of course?

Yeah, I took your advice Rabbi and left the cmos battery out for an extended period of time.

Rebooted without a hint of trouble and acted like nothing had ever happened.

A bit like a woman really, never been able to get to their cmos batteries though...

LOL

Not sure bro... but the confectionary isle in supermarkets seems to have that Reset effect... maybe the problem is they DONT HAVE ONE... so their settings constantly revert to prior ones without warning...